OT: Blog - Job Discrimination

May D.
on 4/16/11 2:23 am
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that I started a blog in March and my last post was about being fired from a job because of my weight and some of the feelings we all go through before surgery.  I also have some recipe's on it that I've altered to suit the way some of us eat now that might be interesting.  I have to get a camera so I can take some pics of the food I make!  So, if you'd like to read it, the URL is at the bottom of my post.  

Thanks and have a great Saturday!

sleeve genie
on 4/16/11 2:35 am - Alhambra, CA
Great post   thanks for sharing :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

wohlmm
on 4/16/11 10:33 am - walker, MI
I read your blog and can relate! The same thing recently happened to me with my job. I no more than got back from being out on a medical leave due to my knees and WLS and I am called into supervisors office and put on performance plan. They wanted 100% compliance by June or termination. I resigned effective immediately as what they were asking is impossible. I had not even been written up prior to this.

I am working on putting this behind me and getting healthy. I am loosing weight at a slow but steady pace and finally doing what is BEST FOR ME!

Your story has inspired me. THANK YOU!

Michelle

May D.
on 4/16/11 10:50 am
Thank you Michelle.  I hope it never happens to us again, but it happens to a lot of people and companies get away with it.  I want to spread awareness.  I'm really glad that you were inspired!

Thank you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views