Buffet

ot2005byrd
on 4/15/11 4:56 pm
Well folks went to a buffet last night with my family and that was an interesting experience. I only put a tablespoon of a few things on my plate (more like a small sample). Well any way no way on earth was I even going to complete the food on the plate... not even close. But I did have a nice dinner with my family with the food not being the full center of the night. My son kept asking me was I gonna have some bread or dessert and the truth of the matter is I just didn't have room for another single bite. So word to the wise keep you money and eat at home.
ANA B.
on 4/15/11 8:40 pm - ALTOONA, PA
YOU ARE SO RIGHT, SAVE YOUR MONEY. WENT TO LAS VEGAS AND DIDN'T GO TO ANY BUFFETS FOR THAT SAME REASON.
  VSG 2/10/11                                             DR. ALVAREZ-MY HERO

Mr Mom
on 4/15/11 9:06 pm
I used to be a big buffet eater (DUH) and always got great satisfaction out of "getting my monies worth". Well when/if I go back to my old buffet haunts I will be happy to concede that the restaurateurs will be the ones with the upper hand now that I'm sleeved.

You said it all. It's about the time spent with the family, not the food!.
Great post!... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

momokc
on 4/15/11 11:10 pm
Good for you!!  We can all do it and we will be the ones who are smiling later while others will wish they were us in time....

I went out Tuesday night with my motorcycle group for my first dinner ride since my surgery. It was an Italizn restuarant and I am on the puree stage. I ate the Tomato Basil Florentine soup. It was delicious!  I got the smallest one and ate about 3/4 of it.  One lady down at the end of the table, said oh, look at that lady, just staring at everyone's food!  I just smiled. I was looking but I also was very satisfied with what I had and was thinking yes, I may be looking but I won't have the obesity problem that all of the people at my table and you have!  All of the plates of food would have fed me for at least 4 days some 7 days!  I am so glad that I don't have the desire for that much food any more! 
I am so glad that I am going to be able to live to be 100 years old as I have always wanted. 

VSG the best thing that I have ever done for myself!! 

GRanny

ot2005byrd
on 4/16/11 11:03 am
I know people just have their nerve to judge you! Good job resisting... Don't worry you wouldn't have gotten anything down anyway
USAF Wife
on 4/15/11 11:25 pm
I didn't go to buffets for a long time, but now I go and get a "to-go" box. I load up what I want to eat, and things I know will reheat nicely. They charge you per pound for the to-go box, and typically it's less expensive than the original buffet price. I eat out of the to-go box with my friends/family, close the box and bring home leftovers and have a couple of meals for other days. It works out for me, and I still think it's saving me money since for about $8.00 I get 3 meals.

Enjoying time/fellowship with friends and family over a big meal is pretty awesome instead of my thoughts revolving around how much food I can shovel in my mouth.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

sleeve genie
on 4/16/11 12:53 am - Alhambra, CA
On April 16, 2011 at 6:25 AM Pacific Time, USAF Wife wrote:
I didn't go to buffets for a long time, but now I go and get a "to-go" box. I load up what I want to eat, and things I know will reheat nicely. They charge you per pound for the to-go box, and typically it's less expensive than the original buffet price. I eat out of the to-go box with my friends/family, close the box and bring home leftovers and have a couple of meals for other days. It works out for me, and I still think it's saving me money since for about $8.00 I get 3 meals.

Enjoying time/fellowship with friends and family over a big meal is pretty awesome instead of my thoughts revolving around how much food I can shovel in my mouth.
Hey Tiffy,  i'm so happy for you.  I hope you and your little sprout are doing well.  Take very good care of both of you.  You're a very special sweetie,   xoxo jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

sleeve genie
on 4/16/11 12:46 am - Alhambra, CA
I agree whole heartedly.  Eat at home,  that way you know what is in the food you are consuming.  Eating out who know what they put in it  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

momokc
on 4/16/11 11:31 am
 I agree with the eat at home bit...I ate Tomato Basil soup only to find out that they use heavy cream in it!  WoW the fat!!  I made myself at home and used FF milk. It tasted yummy and didn't have all of the fat! 

Granny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views