I just found out what a slider food was

May D.
on 4/16/11 3:01 pm
I had to run out to the supermarket today to pick up a couple of things for dinner and threw a small bag of pistachio nuts into my cart. Well tonight I had to take a test for my class (online) and took the bag of nuts upstairs with me.  

OMG!! I could NOT stop eating them!  

After I realized how much I had eaten, I had to hide the bag.  I actually gave it to my husband and told him he can either throw it away, eat them or hide the bag.  I can't eat them anymore b/c they're too dangerous!  

And then I thought, this must be what slider foods are.  Am I right?

May

Jeep1974
on 4/16/11 3:16 pm - MI
Nuts are a slider food for me! So is ice cream and peanut butter.

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/11 4:22 pm - Germantown, MD
 Yup, that's pretty much what a slider food is. On the good side, nuts have protein and are fairly good for you. On the bad side, most people can eat a LOT of them. I measure them out for myself in one ounce portions (I'm big on almonds and one ounce of almonds has the same amount of protein as an egg) and stick to just that serving. Snack size sandwich bags are great for that. 
Mommy2Girls
on 4/17/11 12:27 am
Yes, this is why measuring is SO important! Eating anything right out of the bag spells trouble for me!
-8lbs lost during the 6 month insurance hoop jumping,
the rest is since surgery.

Mary R.
on 4/17/11 12:53 am - OH
I measure out 1/4c of almonds and put them in bags for a snack at work everyday because I could eat and eat and eat them too lol.  I had been wanting to try those popchips I had heard so much about on biggest loser and so I bought a bag and those too are a slider food for me.  At least the nuts have some nutritional value.
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

Kitty1975
on 4/17/11 1:34 am - Canada
Exactly what it is! My slider foods seem to be peanut butter, multigrain nacho chips and all dressed crispers. I bought each of those things once and never again! lol

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views