gained a pound

char_in_md1
on 4/20/11 2:07 am
and while I know I am still underweight, I hate the fact I gained a pound! I am now up to a whopping 102 pounds and hating how I feel, I want to lose this pound, even though realistically I know I need to gain more...but however illogically this is, I hate seeing the scale go up...ugh!
Kristy R.
on 4/20/11 2:11 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I'm sorry - but REALLY?  I don't want to be mean, but have you considered talking to a therapist, because you just wrote you are already underweight and now you are upset about gaining a pound?  This kind of thought process leads to anorexia - and that has just as many complications as morbid obesity.  Please be careful, this worries me.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

char_in_md1
on 4/20/11 2:14 am

I understand where you are coming from but after working so hard to lose weight, it is just hard to see the scale go up if that makes any sense...it just feels almost like I am going to keep gaining, and yes I know it is not logical and yes I know I need to gain weight but wow...after all the time of seeing the scale go down, to see it go up frightens me just a bit...

Kristy R.
on 4/20/11 2:17 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I am so sorry you are struggling with this, this really does worry me.  Please be careful :(  This brings tears to my eyes - we go through all of this to be healthy.  Please, please consider talking to someone to help you work on this.  You do not need the additional stress.

char_in_md1
on 4/20/11 2:21 am
I am healthy, at least physcially,  but I  guess I just worry about regain, no matter what and I have talked to someone, and while I can  say yes, I know I need to gain about 10 more pounds, to actually see the scale go up is hard, no matter what...
Kim_M
on 4/20/11 2:29 am - LaPorte, TX
You will get thru this.Due yourself a big favor throw your scales away!!You admit you need to be 10ilbs heavier get healthy take care of your body don't let it break down on you .I hate to see you go from one exteme to another.A friend told me once that underweight women look older than they are so eat for beauty change your frame of mind.I dont mean to sound harsh!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Kristy R.
on 4/20/11 2:26 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I can understand that, I am glad you are doing well then.  

Katester
on 4/20/11 2:27 am
that little measly 1 pound went straight to your bewbies! Don't be upset!!! It's filling out the girls a lil bit
thisbe777
on 4/20/11 3:16 am
hang in there char -- give yerself a hug!   it's just a number on the scale --- it has no power over you!!!

(and i think it went to your bewbies too...   )

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Margo N.
on 4/20/11 3:38 am
Hijack! Jeris - love the new avi - you look fantastic!!!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 430 views