I thought my nut was crazy...

Momof2Sweeties
on 4/19/11 1:02 am - NJ
At my one month post op appt. I had lost about 31 pounds and the dr and my nut were very happy but she said I would like to see you lose another 30 pounds by the end of April..I was like yeah right, your crazy..a pound a day..well ladies and gents that looks to be precisely what is going on..today is my weigh day and I was convinced last night that I hadn't lost anything, I felt so bloated and huge, AF is 2 weeks late today, mind you...I just wasn't feeling it...I lost 8 lbs..I am shocked, so unexpected, I dreaded it so much, getting on that scale after the way I was feeling last night......today is the 19th and I have lost 18lbs so far this month, so I am pretty close to being where she wants me to be for April..I am just shocked right now and so happy..I feel better than I have in years, it's amazing..this was truely the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family....hope everyone is having a blessed day..

Shannon

evilelf
on 4/19/11 1:06 am
So happy for you keep up the good work. I am only 4 days post op, and haven't lost anything yet. Yes I know you gain weight in the hospital. Still can't wait for that scale to move. Congrats to you..

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Susan0714
on 4/19/11 1:08 am - Kenner, LA
Congrats, that is so great.. I can't wait to have more enegry, after the surgery.. It is hard here in Louisiana in the summer, but alot harder when you have extra weight on..

Susan
Ms Shell
on 4/19/11 2:23 am - Hawthorne, CA
You go girl ... keep up the awesome success.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

BigCaliSmile
on 4/19/11 2:38 am - La Puente, CA
Yeeeah!! When I read that begining I went Wow in my head but its happening..Glad to know its coming off effortlessly.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Lisa F.
on 4/19/11 3:06 am
Wow! What's your secret?! Just curious what a typical food day is for you if you don't mind sharing.
Momof2Sweeties
on 4/19/11 6:27 am - NJ
Thank you guys so much for the congrats..it's been a great day all-around

To be honest with you I don't really have a secret. I eat breakfast, which is wide variety of things, my only thing is if I eat a breakfast with carbs, I don't have any carbs at lunch. I have my snack which for the last couple of days has be some apple slices with a tablespoon of pb..I have lunch, again a wide variety of stuff. Then another snack and dinner. I don't do protein shakes, I have found some protein bars that I like that contain no sugar alcohols..got them from the vitamin shoppe, I just can't remember the name, they are wafers though..There is nothing I don't at least try. I don't eat white potatoes or rice at all..I have had sweet potato fries..I drink at least 64 oz of water a day and 8 oz of skim milk a day..my nut says 60 grams of carbs, I tend to fall in the 40 to 50 range..protein is at 60 or so, and my calories are around 600...today was a bit hectic, running around all am but I had a cheesestick for breakfast at around 945, lunch at 145 was ruby tuesday's..I got the chicken fresco petite plate with cauliflower mash and grilled zucchini..ate about half the chicken, and a couple bites each of the cauliflower and zucchini, brought the rest home, will have for dinner tonight..because of my late lunch, I may not have a snack...based of the way things are going today, I won't meet my goals for anything, carbs, protein or calories..some days, do just work out like that..I usually work night shift and that throws things off even more.. I will however, be starting a new job where I will be working days..a regular schedule that I can plan and be diligent about..This is just a very broad rundown of what I do..but it's working for me, so I am going to keep doing it..

Shannon

Lisa F.
on 4/19/11 10:15 am
Congrats on the new job! I did night shift a few years and hated it LOL
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm a heavyweight and from weeks 3 through 6 (in week 7 now but don't weigh til Sat.) have only been losing about 2 a week and it's driving me insane. With the numbers I have to lose I should be pulling bigger losses. Very annoying
You're doing awesome!
didim62
on 4/19/11 3:14 am - Kensington, CT
Shannon your doing great!! When the scale is moving for me I find it's at about a lb a day also.Congratulations!!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 378 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views