Going Bald at 25? WTH!?

jenfreakintastic
on 4/19/11 8:24 am
Okay, I'm being dramatic. I am constantly noticing hair on my clothes and filled in my hairbrush. I have come across this topic many times on OH but never really paid attention because it didnt apply to me (YET!) So for those of you who have experienced this or are currently experiencing this, what do you do? What vitamins are you taking? Your input is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Weight lost with VSG surgery:

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers     
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 8:27 am
You really just have to wait it out, it comes part & parcel with fast weight loss- with or without the sleeve. I had it when I last lost 100lbs+. It stops when the fast weight loss stops, and then you see tiny baby hairs poking up. 
cabcab
on 4/19/11 8:34 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Hey Jen,

My surgery was a couple of days before yours.  I have heard on here that the hair loss usually starts between 3-4 months.  So far I've been lucky, but I'm sure I'll be complaining about this soon!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Pixie-Power
on 4/19/11 9:08 am - Los Angeles, CA
I know exactly how you feel!  My hair loss became noticable at 2 1/2 months post-op, and it's only been within the last week or so that I started noticing a real slow-down in the hair loss, although it has not stopped completely.  (I will be 6 months post-op at the end of this week.)  Since I had thin hair to begin with, it was really becoming disconcerting    but like everyone else has said, you just have to wait for nature to take its course.  Be sure to get in all your protein, as that can help with re-growth.  I also started taking Biotin when the loss became noticable.  Biotin doesn't really do anything for the hair loss, but it can help with the hair re-growth. 

Hang in there! 

age: 53   5'1" tall   HW=231  SW=216  CW=139.8  GW=130         

NursieGirl
on 4/19/11 9:16 am
My hair started falling out at two months and is still falling out.  I have less than half of what I started with.  I take 2000 mcg biotin daily, 75g protein, and a bunch of other vitamins, but part of it is weight loss, and part of it is luck/genetics

lovelyluckylady 12345
on 4/19/11 10:11 am
VSG on 05/31/12
Hey all! I know it stinks about our hair fallin out! I think that is one thing I am most scared about! However being obsessed with hair, I do know you can go to sallys and get some clip in extensions so you can wear them out! They are SUPER easy to put in and most people at Sallys or your local beauty shop cna help you! THey are awesome and can give you a FULL look. I just got my hair cute into a short short bob and now I am praying it grows quickly before surgery so I can hopefully use them when my hair does start falling out.

also if you want to go the extra mile and spend a little more you can get extensions called fusion extensions. This is where they hot or cold fuse them to your hair. It last 4-6 and sometimes 8 months. It isnt really harmful to your hair but you dont have to worry about putting them in all the time and etc.  Hope this helps
Gin2bthin
on 4/19/11 10:23 am - WV
mine started falling out already, probably because I had 2 surgeries within 2 weeks it actually started 2 days after my second surgery in gobs now it has slowed down..I hope it dont start again at the 4 month mark or ill have to get weaves or wigs which i dont mind because the weight loss is the payoff and it does come back,,I just thank the good Lord for my curly hair because it does  help to conceal it a bit so just go with the flow.I know it sucks..My usual ponytail holder which wraps around twice is almost at a third lap ugghhh...I really cant take much vitamins right now but im gonna soon start..i started taking silica about 6 months before my surgery and it did help my hair alot so try that im gonna go back on it soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views