Easter dinner suggestions

Aweburn1965
on 4/19/11 10:15 pm - Montague, MI
Hi!  I am 5 weeks out now.  This will be my first holiday since surgery.  I could use some suggestions on what to bring/eat for Easter.  Thanks.

Sharon
USAF Wife
on 4/19/11 10:35 pm
Deviled eggs were my go-to food for get togethers when I was early out. There's also lots of recipes on allrecipes.com for veggie side dishes that are low carb. As for what to eat, I don't know what stage you are on, but I'd stick with protein and the eggs.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

peachynptc
on 4/19/11 11:08 pm - Fayetteville, GA
How about mashed cauliflower? I am looking forward to eating that again one day. (the other is Southern style grits and butter!mmmmm) I am only 10 days post op but am already thinking of things.
Just to make everyone hungry and me too, since I can't eat anything for easter, here is what I'm making for my guys (I have 3 grown sons along with my husband)
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Broccoli/Cauliflower casserole
fried okra
some type of salad
and a yummy surprise dessert: you won't believe it: you take 1 T. cookie dough and wrap it around a cadbury egg and put in cupcake pans, bake, the middle will drop some. Then when it cools you put green frosting on top and then put Robin eggs and mm's on top. A mini easter basket. I know, I'm drooling right now and sure will be when I begin to make all this.
I am amazed at how much more I enjoy cooking whether I can eat or not.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Danielle K.
on 4/20/11 1:42 am - Evart, MI
 OMG! I am totally making that for my family for Easter....thank you!  I will be a hit 
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

FizzyJ
on 4/20/11 1:00 am
I'm two weeks out and on purees so I was thinking of making a roast in the crock pot versus a traditional ham. I think ham is way toooo dense for me and the roast should be tender and moist and I can puree it. I will probably make a veggie side dish to puree (I'm thinking broccoli and cauliflower with a cheese sauce) and probably some potato dish too.

jenfreakintastic
on 4/20/11 2:08 am
I love the suggestion about deviled eggs! I make them with light mayo and mustard and I cant tell the difference.
Weight lost with VSG surgery:

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 320 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views