TOTAL GASTRECTOMY!!!??!!!

cherubchic85
on 4/21/11 11:35 pm
Well, for those of you who don't know me, I'm the 4 month leak patient. I ended up back in the hospital tuesday this week with severe pain in my shoulder, and a ct revealed that my leak is still there. just got out of the hospital yesterday. I didn't receive any treatment except for pain control. My surgeon offered me 2 choices...wait 3-6 more months totally npo before checking another ct scan or....he has to take out my ENTIRE stomach. He said if it doesn't close in 3-6 months, a total gastrectomy will have to be done anyways!!! I'm not ok with this plan!!! I'm glad to be home now and see my baby and husband at least. On a positive note, the idea of having to have my entire stomach removed has made me so angry that I feel a sudden rage driven determination to survive this! But, it scares me too...

corimeyers24
on 4/21/11 11:42 pm - TX
i hope everything works out...... im sorry you have to go through this i know i would be very mad
mylastchance
on 4/21/11 11:45 pm
I have been following you through your posts............wow!!!  I am hoping the best for you and sending my good thoughts and tons of prayers to you and your family to help you through this to a good outcome.  Positive attitude and your driven determination and some help from God will see you through............my best to you and I will be watching for good updates from you in the coming months.

Good luck       

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

boomercd
on 4/21/11 11:45 pm - OH
OMG, you have really been though it, if they did a total would you then have a feeding tube forever? is he going to have trouble sealing up the new incision?
WOW not sure I would be able to be as strong as you! guess you just take it one day at a time, Im sooooo sorry, hang in there Im sure you are tired, praying it will finally heal before the total.......hugs

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

scribeguy
on 4/21/11 11:48 pm - NY
Dear friend.....I think and pray for you daily.  Your bad luck could have happened to any of us.

Your pain is our pain.....you are SO not forgotten.

Your baby needs you -- please stay strong.  I cannot imagine what it must be like, but my heart aches for you.

David
skinimini
on 4/21/11 11:51 pm
oh, Cherub!!! I am sssooo sorry! That is just terrible! You have been through so much! I don't know if you are a spiritual person or not, but I am going to pray that you are going to be healed!! Are you planning to wait it out? What would they do if you had a total gastrectomy? I mean, how does that work??

I can't imagine what you are going through, but please know that we are all here thinking of you and want you to get better soon!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/11 12:02 am
I do hope you are going to get some second opinions from a gastro?  Their specialty is the stomach and enternal organs.  (gall bladder, spleen, stomach, intestines, etc) They may be able to come up with an alternate plan.  Ask your GP for a referral to the best in town.  Good luck and God Bless.
Gracieteddy
on 4/22/11 12:07 am - IA
I agree time for a second or third opinion! Good luck and prayers!

sleeve genie
on 4/22/11 12:06 am - Alhambra, CA
Aww  I'm so sorry that you are going through this,  I can't imagine how scared you must be.  Its something that happens so rarely and I'm just so sorry that this happened to you.  I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.  I pray that this will heal and all will be well in the end.  Know that we all pray for the leak to heal and that you can get on with a new and improved life.  Thank God you are home with your family.  Please be very good to yourself and i look forward to hearing that you are doing well   God Bless sweetie :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

didim62
on 4/22/11 12:16 am - Kensington, CT
I'm so sorry that your having to endure all this. I do think you should get another opinion before making such a drastric move. I am praying for you for strength and healing and that you family's strength helps you through this. PLease keep positive in your thoughts and take care of yourself.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 441 views