OT-graham has new tumor

pilotlady
on 4/23/11 11:51 pm, edited 4/23/11 11:52 pm - Six Lakes, MI
I just found a new tumor on my dog grahams leg. It's only been 2 months since I had to have one removed from her side and now a new one showd up. It bothers me because it is fairly good sized and I didn't notice it before now and i do check her as the last one was a grade 2 mast cell tumor which is half way between benign and cancer. We go to vet on Monday to see.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
tanieanie
on 4/24/11 12:08 am - WI
Kudos to you for being such a caring and observent dog owner.  I can see your dog means alot to you and I know that when he/she is sick you worry.   Dogs are amazing friends!  Please keep us informed!  You and your dog are in my thoughts!

Linda B.
on 4/24/11 12:20 am - CA
I sent you a message. I hope all goes well with Graham.
Awesome workout: www.ujamfitness.com 

HW=249#  SW= 236#  CW 179#  TOTAL=71 lost BMI= 30.6
Lose weight with me at LIVESTRONG.COM

pilotlady
on 4/24/11 12:27 am - Six Lakes, MI
thanks everyone. I just posted some pics of all three dogs on my profile since it seems that that is all I talk about on here. they are my family much more then what family I actually have.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
SassyItalian
on 4/24/11 12:57 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I know how quickly those lumps can pop up and how scary it is (my old man Boxer has about 8 of them). Regardless of what it is you are doing a great job caring for her and getting her the medical care she needs.

Sometimes we cant control these things but I hope you can find comfort knowing you are doing what is best for Graham. If it is benign or mast cell, you will continue to be a loving mom and keep her happy and comfortable in her warm, loving home.

Keep us posted,
Kisses for Graham from Kristen and Smokey

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

BriarRose
on 4/24/11 2:48 am
Oh no. I am so sorry. I love my critters too. Right now I have a 2 year old Great Dane, a 15 yr old Africian Grey Parrot, and a 5 yr old Russian Tortoise....not to mention the teenage daughter ! I grew up with a house full of pets too, so I know the heartache of loving critters that don't live as long as we do. My (now 85 yr old dad) has always told me that there is a dear price we pay for loving animals that will not survive us; but the price is always worth the love and devotion that they give us. In turn, it is our job to make sure they are happy, and comfortable as we can possibly make them in their senior years.

Best of luck.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views