OT graham update Pic included

pilotlady
on 4/25/11 2:08 am, edited 4/25/11 6:56 am - Six Lakes, MI
It's bad. Tumor needs to come out. Precancerous. Now i have to decide what I'm going to do. If cells are systemic she will just get it back again. Why couldn't it be me? at least insurance would pay for me. Right now I think I would do anything to have my food friend back to make me feel better. But it won't so I won't. Sorry just feeling very fragile right now. My dogs are my whole life.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
skinimini
on 4/25/11 2:34 am
Oh, I am so sorry for you and Graham. I know how you feel about your dog. I am an animal lover as well. My mom is going through the same thing with her golden retriever. The tumor has come back several times after being removed. It is not cheap either.

I have no words of advice, but I will be saying a little prayer for you and graham. Have you looked into pet insurance?
Keep us posted.

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

pilotlady
on 4/25/11 2:41 am - Six Lakes, MI
unfortunately just like humans they don't cover preexisting conditions and this is her second tumor.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
MrsHelm1012
on 4/25/11 4:56 am - Washingtonville, PA
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Graham! I have 3 fur children myself, so I understand how attached we become to them. How old is Graham? I think for me that would play a big part in my decision. You could have it removed and if it comes back again, put her on meds to keep her comfortable... Or you could just put her on meds to keep her comfortable now, if its something that is causing her pain... I know its a sad thought... Some animal hospitals do offer chemo for dogs, but I have to tell you, it can be very, very rough on the dog (I used to be a Vet Tech) and its pretty expensive. Please keep us updated! Give Graham a little head rub for me  : )

pilotlady
on 4/25/11 6:54 am - Six Lakes, MI
graham is about 8 yrs old. Unknown for sure as she is a rescue like all my dogs. I spoke to the vet again and we decided I would have this one removed but if another one comes up as quickly as this did (less than 2 month since the first removal) I would have to rethink. We aren't going to use chemo. I can't afford it and I can't see making her that sick when she is healthy (except for tumor) right now. I would rather have her have a good short life than a bad long one.

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 4/25/11 7:00 am, edited 4/25/11 7:02 am - New Orleans
When it comes to all forms of life, quality is always more important than quantity. I'm sure she is thankful for the second chance you gave her. Best of luck to you & your girl.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Carmelita
on 4/25/11 7:32 am - Four Corners, NM
Im so sorry to read this PilotLady...I know how much you love and are loved by yer dogs. 

I sure hope this one is the last one for her.

I had a Boston or rather..he had me for 15 years  ;-)  he had tumors (plural).   puttin him down..was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do in my life.......When his vet first told me to put him down I yelled...NO Im keeping him! He stays with ME! I thought if he's gonna die he's gonna die at home...so I took him home...and realized how selfish I was...he was suffering so much..it was very hard on me... 2 weeks later, I had to let him go...I sure didn't want to tho..

I loved that boy with everything I was...and cried cried cried....my kids were just kids at the time...and didn't understand what the hell was wrong with me! 'he's just a dog' my 7 y/o dau told me!

When her childhood pet chihuahua...had to be put down at almost 12 last year...chronic pulmonary stenosis ..she cried cried cried.....she knows now a dog can be so much more than 'just a dog'.

hang onto hope!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views