Flying to Mexico on Sunday (2months post op). No Refridgeration Needed Snacks?

Jen_L
on 4/27/11 1:31 pm - MN
Hey there!

I'm headed down to Mexico for a vacation and we are staying at an all inclusive resort.  Each night they stock the suite with water and snacks.  But of course the snacks are like Oreos and candybars!

I want to pack some better choice snacks with me.  I bought some individual bags of nuts and some slim jims.  Does anyone else have any other ideas of easily packed and eaten foods that are high in protein and not a lot of carbs?

It's going to be SO strange not ordering the 'blended drink of the day' all the time while we are out on the beach!  But I am bringing along my favorite big water bottle and will have that on the beach with me.  

~Jen

Pre-op: -7     Month 1: -20 (-4, -9, -4, -3)   Month 2: -16 (-4,-3,-3,-3, -3)  Month 3: -14 (-3,-5,-4,-2)  Month 4: -11 (-2,-3,-2,-4)  Month 5: -10 (-4, -1, -2, -3)  Month 6: -4 (-2, -1, -1, -0)  Month 7: -8 (-4,-1,-1,-2)  Week 30:
mimikay
on 4/27/11 1:42 pm
Baby bel cheese carries easily. While I dont use these on a normal basis, I do carry some Atkins bars while I'm traveling. Carbs aren't horrible, but I know I didn't eat them at 2 mos out. Sorry, I'm not much help!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
glendary
on 4/27/11 2:05 pm
Premier protein makes a pre-made drink with 5 g carbs and 30 g protein.  Their bars are 30g protein and about 24 g carbs.  Also, I eat roasted pecans or peanuts (unsalted). 

Premier is sold at Costco or Sams.  I sometimes cut the bars into little bite size pieces. 
Glendary        
PBJ
on 4/27/11 10:17 pm
Hi there,

At exactly 2 months post op I too went to Mexico to an all inclusive resort.  I was really worried but I did great...even lost.  I made sure that I drank tons of water.  I exercised about 4 times that week in the gym at the resort..and then did alot of swimming.  I didn't snack  (My doc is not a believer in snacking) but I made really good choices on the food.  I would have yogurt with fruit for breakfast every morning..and I loved that.  And the other meals..I just did the protein first rule.  I did bring my protein powder shake with me just in case but I didn't even use it.  I really like those blended drinks myself ..and I have to admit I broke down and had 1/2 of one...but other than that I was just really concentrating on having fun and drinking my water.  You will do great!.  Have a blast..that is my favorite vacation and I can't wait to go again this summer.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views