Favorite Dish to Order Eating Out

jenfreakintastic
on 4/28/11 2:24 am
I thought this might be a fun subject! I enjoy eating out a lot with my family and I seem to have found my groove in choosing good things to eat while out. Whats your favorite restaurant and dish to order while out? I'll start it off with my two favorites:

Chipotle: Grilled Chicken taco kids meal (yes kids meal! only $3.50 and the grilled chicken is yummy! Also the perfect portion.)

In-N-Out Burger: Protein Style Burger (No Spread, Mustard Instead) Of course no fries and you can ask them to go easy on the salt for the burger. Another thing I sometimes order is a "Flying Dutchman" which is just a hamburger patty with cheese (No bun or anything else). Their meat is very lean so its good protein just tell them easy on the salt! lol.

What are your favorites eating out with VSG?
I'd love to hear everyones suggestions!

Weight lost with VSG surgery:

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers     
Big2lil Daisy
on 4/28/11 2:36 am - Marietta, GA
VSG on 02/28/11 with
Hey,

Im two months out today and I really enjoy fish and meat when ever i go out. I love mexican and will have fish tacos, or fajitas and carb cakes and I wont eat the taco. I will also have omelettes or eggs, chesse dip and beans.

debk21
on 4/28/11 2:53 am - Mansfield, TX
I also love mexican food.  I like to order a side order of fajita meat ($2.50-$5.00) and a small queso for dipping and sharing...works great for me.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 2:46 am
I have not started solids yet, but I reeeealy can't wait to go out to eat! I've always loved it.. the social aspect, and the food (especially foods I just don't prepare at home). My sense of taste remains the same, thankfully. My first choices are going to be tuna sashimi and tobiko or seared ahi tuna.. also ceviche with avocado is up there high on my first nibbles out list. My stomach is feeling so good, I feel like I could handle this now, but must wait a couple weeks longer.. considering it takes me 30 mins to eat 1/4c of cottage cheese.. yeah, it may be a little while!
jenfreakintastic
on 4/28/11 2:50 am
I love fish tacos too (with out the tortilla) and especially ceviche with avocado. Great choices!
Weight lost with VSG surgery:

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers     
PaulaS
on 4/28/11 3:17 am - TX
I'm still on mushies, so have not ventured out yet.
How do you determine the protein values when you eat out?    I know large chains often post their nutritional values, but what about the other places?

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
diane S.
on 4/28/11 3:17 am
we are in a small town with limited restaurant options. One mexican restaurant is especially good. Last time I got a cerviche tostada. the fish was cooked and mixed with lime and chopped tomatoes and other veggies and a bit of guacamole. it was so good. couldn't eat it all but brought it home. they have some other grilled shrimp dishes i want to try too. not just a bunch of fried junk.

Otherwise may favorite thing is to get crab cake appetizers. I only do this where I know the cakes will be mostly crab and not a lot of filler (live in a crab fishing area) and its just the best thing. This fancy restaurant that has the best is always willing to bring them as my dinner and send a box with no hassles. 

And when i order a tiny meal in a fine restaurant i always tip the waiter like i had ordered larger as its not their fault i am a tiny eater.

fun topic.

and when i travel i get a grilled chicken at mcdonalds and just eat the chicken and treat the bun like potholders. works great.     Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

gator28fan
on 4/28/11 8:53 am - Scott, LA
On April 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM Pacific Time, diane S. wrote:
we are in a small town with limited restaurant options. One mexican restaurant is especially good. Last time I got a cerviche tostada. the fish was cooked and mixed with lime and chopped tomatoes and other veggies and a bit of guacamole. it was so good. couldn't eat it all but brought it home. they have some other grilled shrimp dishes i want to try too. not just a bunch of fried junk.

Otherwise may favorite thing is to get crab cake appetizers. I only do this where I know the cakes will be mostly crab and not a lot of filler (live in a crab fishing area) and its just the best thing. This fancy restaurant that has the best is always willing to bring them as my dinner and send a box with no hassles. 

And when i order a tiny meal in a fine restaurant i always tip the waiter like i had ordered larger as its not their fault i am a tiny eater.

fun topic.

and when i travel i get a grilled chicken at mcdonalds and just eat the chicken and treat the bun like potholders. works great.     Diane
Did you know that you can just order " a grilled chicken patty" at McDonald's and here in LA it's only $1.45 per patty...much cheaper than the grilled chicken sandwich.  With the gilled chicken patty, I also get a side salad for $1.  Really cheap lunch!!

Marlene
HW:  440.6  SW: 401  CW: 281.6 GW:  170            
diane S.
on 4/28/11 11:13 am
thats good to know. i was paying $2 for "potholders"!!!! LOL    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Carmelita
on 4/28/11 3:22 am - Four Corners, NM
TO GO BUFFETS!!  I load it UP!! leftovers for days...if DH don't beat me to em... the dawg!

fill all my containers to the hilt w/ protein meats and veggies...even the soup container I load it up with shrimp or other lower carb combos

Never have to explain my surgery, draw attention to myself, or been denied sittin with family, friends and pickin outta my containers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views