Passing Gas/Abdominal Pain?

SisterBigBone
on 5/1/11 6:54 am - Bronx, NY
Since your surgery, has anyone had any problems passing gas. Since the surgery, I always have tons of gas that refuses to leave my body.

Also, how long did you experience abdominal pain after surgery?

Let me know

Mandi E.
on 5/1/11 7:02 am - Kissimmee, FL
I'm about 3 days out and noticied it's harded to "fart" or "belch" then it was before. I just try to focus on my breathing and it seems to come. I've heard GASX strips and heating pads can help too.  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

loser429
on 5/1/11 9:00 am
It took me almost a month to be able to burp a good burp, if there is such a thing.  I still don't burp as good as I used to but I attribute that to no soda pop.  Ditto on the Gas X strips and check the direction, you can use 3 or 4 I believe at a time but I started with one or two because I didn't read the directions.  
I still get little pinches inside or so  it feels like sometime and tightness I think where the incisions are healing.  It took a few weeks before it was completely pain free to sneeze. 

It has been six weeks for me post op and I can rub my hand across my stomach and there is some soreness left in spots, but it is closer to the surface than deep inside like at first.

Mary K.

Mary's trying to get healthy:

phred
on 5/1/11 9:58 am - CO
Whether constant or just episodic,
If your bowel sounds aren't melodic,
And you sometimes will howl,
From a cramp, and cry foul,
What you need is an antispasmodic!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views