Surgeon appt in 8 days

Tracey W.
on 5/2/11 1:40 pm
I'm freaking out. I know that it's normalish, but I'm so afraid that I won't be able to lose anything before the appt, that I can be successful after surgery, all of that. I'm so scared that I'm going to go through this and screw everything up.
Just looking for comfort I guess.
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
encourage38
on 5/2/11 1:45 pm
CONGRATSTHAT IS AWESOME U IN MY PRAYS.PRAY U BE STRENGHTEN SMILES AND HUGS.
RACHEL
Smardeepants
on 5/2/11 1:47 pm
Girl, you CAN DO THIS! If you can make it through all the hoops for the surgeon to see you, you can ABSOLUTELY do a pre-op diet.

I'm just a measly little pre-op myself, but there is so much wisdom and knowledge here, I know you can make it one day at a time!

(((hugs))) and congrats! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 1:59 pm, edited 5/2/11 1:59 pm

Sweetie, so many of us have failed at weight loss over and over in the past. We have dealt with the nightmare of yo-yo dieting. That can really make us doubtful about anything working.  But, put your fears aside.  Get your warrior panties on and pick up your sword and shield and yell "YOWZA!!!"  Then tell yourself THIS IS MY TIME!!!!!

The sleeve is a wonderful tool that helps us to finally get out from under food.  It isn't always easy... you really have to work to get the proteins and the water in, you are on liquids for a while after surgery, you may hit stalls, you feel sometimes when you first get home like you will never again be able to eat in a normal way again. 

Just do your best, and take your questions to your doctor and do searches on this site you will be amazed at the amount of info on here!  And usually, someone has already lived through your problem and you will get all the encouragement in the world!  

It gets better every day.  It really does.  The stalls, they are really just "pauses" as someone else said on this forum.  Just be patient, stick to your plan... you WILL unpause, I promise.

I cannot wait for you to start posting your losses and nsv! 
Lisie318
on 5/2/11 2:07 pm - VA
 I love this post.  Im in the same boat about starting to get nervous about the surgery!

_Nikki_
on 5/2/11 3:15 pm
Perfectly natural !! You will do great !!
_Nikki_ 

_Nikki_
on 5/2/11 3:15 pm
(((HUGS))) !! It's going to be great !!
_Nikki_ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op