It's around this time, isn't it???

Michelle T.
on 5/3/11 5:51 am - OH

So, this is that 3 week stall so many have talked about.

I thought I'd be prepared for this phase, this little hinderance, this annoyance, but Noooooooooo. How exciting seeing the lbs. just melt away from the get go and then BOOM, nothing. Not even an ounce. I even move the scale from room to room hoping for a lower number, somewhere, anywhere! (Please tell me I'm not the only person who has ever done this!)
I'm doing everything right, but the scale tells me a different story. Hurry up you stupid stall and get outta here..I have weight to lose! Grrrrr.

KrisJ77
on 5/3/11 5:56 am - TX
I am 3 months out and had a stall for 2 weeks!! It nearly killed me!!!  Finally - yesterday - down 2 pounds!!  I truly believe one of my issues is I can't go to the bathroom.  Ugh!!!

Michelle F.
on 5/3/11 6:07 am
It bites but give it time, the scales will move again.  I lost 23 pounds the first 2 weeks and then BAM the scale just stopped.  It started moving again at almost 6 weeks and today is 9 weeks and I'm down about 36 pounds.  As frustrating as it is, we all know it happens and it's not forever.  Hang in there, you'll soon be posting that the scale Gods are being kind again!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

Jenijeni
on 5/3/11 6:16 am, edited 5/3/11 6:16 am
Yes, but did you move the scale from hardwood floor to carpet?? Lol... I DID! I just ended my third stall in three months. They happen. You'll live... Though it may seem like it takes FOREVER!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

stephf
on 5/3/11 6:38 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
nope you're not the only one , my weight loss slowed at 3 weeks then it came back, and now that Im 5 weeks I went up 1 pound and i havent dropped it. soooo frustrating. im at the stage where my body is trying to recover and adjust to the weight loss. hang in there it will pass.

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

Father Don
on 5/3/11 6:49 am - Charleston, SC
Here's my standard answer to "pauses" that everyone calls a stall:

A stall is something that last 6 weeks or more.  You are in a correction period.

Weight loss is like a teeter-totter....

One one side is pounds, the other inches....

If you stop going down on pounds, the inches will go down .  Are you measuring? 
Then the inches will slow and pounds will drop...

this is normal and NOT a stall, it's a correction period that your body uses to catch up.....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

wert
on 5/3/11 6:57 am - MN
I like what you said about it not being a stall. I think you're spot on. It is normal and predictable. So it can't be a stall. Like you said, it's a correction. Your body is just trying to keep up and keep you alive. I think we've all gone thru it. It sure helps to get encouragement from each other, doesn't it? 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Monica W.
on 5/3/11 10:56 am - TX
I move the scale from room to room too LMFAO, yes ma'am stalls suck.......

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views