Stress Test/ I need feed back please

dmhenry
on 5/5/11 12:45 am - Wrightstown, NJ
Today I went for my stress test.  I needed to raise my heart rate to 85%.  I could only get it up to 70%.  The nurse told me the blood pressure medicine that I am on blocks the heart racing fast.  She said to expect a phone call from heart doctor requesting me to a nuclear stress test.  I have a echo test tomorrow.  Just wanted to know if anyone else did not pass the stress for any reason what happened I am sure I am not the only one that this happened too..  I am really annoyed right now.  Surgery date is May 18Th.
jimbovsg
on 5/5/11 12:52 am
They will give you the "chemically" induced one they inject a drug that will make your heart beat fast....then look at the results....no big deal....you will be fine!  I was too big to walk for the "stress test"  back then getting out of a chair  was a "stress test" for me.....and the chair too ...I suppose  LOL!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 5/5/11 12:59 am - New Orleans
  You know chairs probably talk to each other, and when they'd see one of us big guys walking by, they're like "Oh ****  Don't pick me, don't pick me!"

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

Father Don
on 5/5/11 12:53 am - Charleston, SC
Had the same issue.  the tech - even though I wrote on the form that i was on a beta blocker, keep increasing the incline and speed...and the pressure topped out and wouldn't go any higher.  The heart doc came in and basically berated the tech because of the meds - saying it WON'T go any higher because of them.

I didn't have to have the nuclear done, but they did some sort of 3-d heart imaging.

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

acbbrown
on 5/5/11 1:22 am - Granada Hills, CA
I didn't even get the option of a regular stress test! I had to do the nuclear stress test. It wasn't really a big deal even though I was freaked out. I didn't feel much - just got a little hot, and then it was over.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views