headache

maxie1
on 5/6/11 9:42 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Day 2 of liquid diet and I have a massive headache, anyone know of anything I can add to the diet maybe to balance things out?   

Thank you to all that respond in advance so I don't miss anyone. 

susan                                                                                                
Mr Mom
on 5/6/11 10:17 am
Were you hooked on caffeine before your surgery? If so, now that you are no longer drinking sodas and coffee you may need to get some CLICK protein drink (it has caffeine in it).
Take care.. Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

maxie1
on 5/6/11 10:40 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
thanks I was a big fan of diet coke I will try what you suggested.
susan                                                                                                
SassyItalian
on 5/6/11 11:45 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Yea that would be my guess too, caffeine withdrawl..

The food changes can give you a headache too..

You can take some excedrine migraine which has caffeine in it to relieve that headache..its not great to take daily but on occassion is fine. its usually the only thing that gets rid of my killer headaches.

xox you are doing great and will get thru this!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

maxie1
on 5/6/11 11:47 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

thanks day 2 is a little better with the hunger pains I just have to get rid of he headache.

P.S.  loved the picture u last posted you look great.

susan                                                                                                
gonersmom
on 5/6/11 1:10 pm
I found crystal light iced tea to be a good caffeine source when I was adjusting. I drank so much of it, even tho there is a minor amount of caffeine it helped.

The headache could also be from lack of carbs which you can't do much about, but also from lack of protein. Perhaps an extra shake or two a day will help.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
maxie1
on 5/6/11 1:14 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
thanks I will try anything.
susan                                                                                                
tasie402
on 5/6/11 2:06 pm
though it sounds like the caffine might be the problem my doctor said that i could take liquid tylenol for pain if i wanted to step down.  i ended up taking it 2 days for a headache too.  it's not easy to find, so i was taking infant tylenol for a while too...12.5 squirters full for one dose...omg!  i finally found the adult in a generic at cvs.  you might want to check with your doctor to see if that will help you.

good luck!  :)
Mr Mom
on 5/6/11 3:42 pm
Oh you say you need a carb fix that won't interfere with the high protein? No problem, drink some Gatorade G2. I use it to keep my electrolytes up between shakes/meals. I actually water it down a bit because ever since my surgery flavors seem to taste stronger to me.
Try the G2 though, it's very good! ...Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

jmart76
on 5/6/11 2:37 pm
 I cut out caffeine weeks before I started my liquid diet. But I still get bad migraines during my liquid diet. Maybe it was the change in eating, something in the protein drinks, feeling light headed, stress, and don't know what the cause was. The first 3-4 days are the worse. But it does start to get better. It doesn't go away. After surgery my mirgrains were so infrequent. It's the closest I've ever been to being cured. You just need to tough it out a little longer because you may be on your way to a life of little to no migraines. I little discomfort now is well worth that outcome. Just take some migraine medication in the meantime to get you through the worst of it. Good luck. 

Ht 5'6 
Surgery Date: April 6, 2011
Wt at surgery was 232

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views