I need some new FOOD ideas

amytang81
on 5/6/11 12:46 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
I am gettin in that same rut that I have been in before. I seem to be eating the same ol stuff and getting tired of it. When I get tired of it then I find myself picking really unhealthy items instead of looking for something healthy. What do you eat???

~~~Amy~~~        
MELMEL308
on 5/6/11 1:47 pm - PA
I am on day 5 of just pre op liquid diet and all i keep thinking about is a post someone had the other day of a portabella mushroom cap removing of the gills and stem, and then putting pizza toppings whatever your preference,,and cheese...then baking it for 10minutes...mmm I cant wait to have this... I am so tired of protein shake sf jello, protein shake chicken broth, protein shake sf jello protein shake, sf popsicle,,,blah

~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
SassyItalian
on 5/6/11 2:16 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
I try and keep it interesting because I get sick of protein easily..

you can build your own omelettes and vary them with anything you like- i like mine with feta, spinach, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese

try making chili with chicken, turkey, or bison- top with cheese and greek yogurt. you can even try a tomatillo chili using green tomatillos

salmon baked with a little bit of a honey mustard and olive oil mized together as a glaze

tuna salad- i like mine with chopped pickles mixed in(im weird)

get a rotisserie chicken, eat some while its hot- its so yummy and simple and affordable. with the remainder i make chicken salad and add some light mayo, slivered almonds, and grapes but you can add walnuts or dried cranberries..the nuts give it good texture

one of my favorites is fresh sliced tomatoes, drizzled with good balsalmic and olive oil, sprinkle a little salt and fresh cracked black pepper, topped with some funky bleu or gorgonzola. delish!!

hope there are a little twist on some of your own staples. xoxo you are kicking ass Miss Amy!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Momof2Sweeties
on 5/6/11 2:20 pm - NJ
Mrs. Pauls crab cakes are quite good..i also use mission carb balance tortillas for a variety of pizzas and wraps, I get a lot of recipe ideas from cooking light magazine as well..
KathyA999
on 5/6/11 3:58 pm
Try The World According to Eggface, wonderful blog for all kinds of ideas.  I had her tortilla pizza for dinner last night, in fact.  Well, half anyway.  Also, I do things like pot roast, stews, crockpot dishes, stuff like that.  A normal recipe makes probably 10-20 servings, depending on what it is, but I put them into teeny glass containers (you can find them at target) and freeze them in individual servings, and I can take them to work that way, or have a quick dinner when I don't feel like cooking.  Next thing I'm trying is pulled pork, mmmmm!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

diane S.
on 5/6/11 5:05 pm
homemade pesto sauce on chicken or fish is da bomb. and i make chili with grassfed beef and keep it low fat and not too many beans. and we find we like tofu stir fry with about every asian flavor and spice thrown in with a few veggies. Tonight i had smoked pork sandwich without the bread at a restaurant and it was very good. a portion of a good steak can't be beat. and I also like costco tomato basil soup that I add soy protein powder too to get more protein in.

and i make rollups with low carb flat bread and almond butter as a staple for lunches.  fine cheeses are also a treat in small portions. and for some reason i really like tuna pureed with dill pickles. go figure.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MediumSoon
on 5/8/11 5:09 am - TX
Blackened shrimp. VERY low calorie (100 calories) and loaded with flavor.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views