WHY WHY WHY!!!

amytang81
on 5/6/11 12:42 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
So I have 15.6 pounds before I can say that I have lost 100 pounds but not only that but I will be in onederland. Why does it seem like it is taking me FOREVER to get ride of these pounds.

What did you do to get the pounds movin again?

~~~Amy~~~        
byardl
on 5/6/11 1:08 pm - FL
How much protein are you getting in during the day?
8less2day
on 5/6/11 1:10 pm - Plano, TX
VSG on 11/02/10 with
I wish I knew and I'm sure there are many on this forum who will give you some ideas, I just wanted to say congratulations!  We have the same doctor and I'm 6 months into it and have been on a stall it seems for the last 2 months, but at my 6 months check up they said they weren't worried since I had lost almost 50% of my excess body weight.  Frustrating to me though because I want that thrill again from the daily/weekly loss of weight like I had the first 3 months.  Unrealistic of course, but still I can wish!  AGain, good luck on your success so far and 83 lbs lost!

amystimetoshine
on 5/6/11 9:22 pm - Pleasant Hill, CA
Hi Amy,      I just wanted to say that I totally understand!!!!   I am down alot and still have around 25-27 lbs to go.   I have only lost 2 in the past month.   I know with me I have had a lot of weird complications that seem to be effecting my wt loss (stricture, tpn for the past 4 months, can only eat liquids, or thin mushies, so burnt out on protein shakes and some real problems with protein deficiencies -- oh and I lost a ton of muscle which has trashed my metabolism)   but I can totally relate to feeling frustrated because wt loss was so fast and dramatic and now it is D R A G G I N G!!!!!     I know for me at other times in my life decreasing carbs, increasing cardio, protein and water has helped shocked my system into losing.   Problem I have now is because of my health situation my doctors say no exercise until my nutrition is better and I know my carbs have been out of balance with my protein because of my tpn and because carbs are way more digestible for me than most protein.   If I could make myself live on protein shakes, greek yogurt and cottage cheese I might be losing better but I gotta tell you after this long on only that I am soooo sick of it.  I guess losing slower is kind of a trade off for me right now.  My gastrenterologist wanted me just to try and maintain this month to get my prealbumin/albumin levels back up which they are slowly creeping back up just seems so crazy to me b/c I had the surgery to lose wt!!!   At least I am at 80% excess wt lossed at this point.  OK I ahave rambled.......   just wanted to say I feel ya --- and give us both a pep talk...   we will get there and many people have stalls/slowing at this point!   Hang in there!   Amy too  LOL

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
renee_isms
on 5/7/11 1:24 am - Las Vegas, NV
People don't understand the honeymoon period.  There is a period of time after surgery (about 4 months) where the weight just melts off, the rest you have to work a bit harder for but it WILL happen.  Make sure you get in lots and lots of protein and water, that will kick it off again.  Cut way back on carbs as well and you'll be at your goal in no time...woot!
xoxo

I owe my journey to the sister that adopted me and started a donation site for me, Asia Carrera!  Follow my journey at http://www.skinnyrenee.com  Thank you Asia for caring enough about me to help, Love you!

kats-mom
on 5/7/11 6:55 am - TX
VSG on 02/15/11 with
We have the same doc! I really like him and his staff! You are doing great. I will be watching this post to see what others have to say so I'll know what I can do too. I am in a stall and have been for over 2 weeks. I know this is normal, but it still sucks!
   Lorraine    kats-mom
        Highest Weight-285  /  1st Nutritionist Appt-275  /  Pre-op Diet-257  /  
                               Day of Surgery: 246  /  Day Home-257

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views