At a loss & Losing to much!!

Holic
on 5/8/11 8:37 am - Houston, TX
 I am losing to much weight! While my weight loss has slowed down to almost a crawl, the problem is I am still losing! I try to eat lots of protein and healthy items as well as some not so healthy ones but I continue to lose weight and I am entering into the danger zone of being underweight according to BMI standars. So does anyone have a good idea about how to gain weight back? I am really starting to worry about this...

sleeve genie
on 5/8/11 8:40 am - Alhambra, CA
I think i wish i had this problem  :o(   i have heard people say eat nuts,  and full fat cheese and full fat milk products,  i'm sure you'll hear from someone *****ally has this problem,   i would guess you should just eat more if you can,   You might want to go to the VSG Maintanance Group and ask this question there ,  good luck  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

stephf
on 5/8/11 8:41 am - CA
VSG on 03/29/11 with
maybe up your carb intake for a week straight.

HW 288  PRE OP WEIGHT  249/ SW241/ CW 146.8     

AnotherSurgery
on 5/8/11 8:41 am
 I asked my doctor about this since I am a low BMI patient. He said there would probably be an initial dip down as much as 20 pounds below where I wanted to be but not to worry becuase it would stabalize and bounce back. You're slowing down, I bet you find bottom soon :)

If not contact your doctor, being healthy is most important :-)
AnotherSurgery
on 5/8/11 8:43 am
 I should have been more clear, by low BMI I mean low obese BMI.

My BMI is between 31 and 33 depending on what week :sigh:

frisco
on 5/8/11 8:52 am

Ice Cream and Cake......does it everytime !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 8:54 am
 Time put on weight in a good way.  If you have the energy then it is time to start building muscle. If you have a dietician then maybe you can speak with them about how to shift your diet from a "weight loss" diet to a mass building diet.  That may mean increasing your protein and water drastically and not worrying about your intake otherwise.  Also, you may look into a trainer to get an idea on how to build muscle where you want it.

BTW, I'm in Houston as well.  I live in the Westheimer/Montrose area.  I just converted from Lap-Band to sleeve about 3 weeks ago.  As soon as I get the green light from my doctor I am hitting up a trainer to get started on building muscle mass.  It's my last hope to fix my bat wings and inner thighs. My belly, well I'll do the best I can and the rest is a lost cause. 

Good luck. 
GeeGee13
on 5/8/11 9:33 am
That's awesome? :S :))
hehe i guess just dream of anything to eat and do it... Take up some muscles sport...

Jenny C.
on 5/8/11 9:40 am
Are you working with a nutritionist?  If not, do you have a family practice doc you trust to work with?  I know a lot of us are thinking we'd like to have this problem, but the reality is that is probably not true--it could feel scary and like you're disappearing & don't have control.   If you're trying to up calories and still losing weight, you may need to add in something like ensure, but again, I'd work with someone I trusted and make a plan.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Jenny

USAF Wife
on 5/8/11 10:37 am
The best thing I did to get my weight to stabilize was incorporate healthy fats, and 100% juice into my daily intake. Avocados, nuts, peanut butter, full fat cheese, more carbs were essential for my losing to stop.

I know it is very scary, and overwhelming, but you need to incorporate more calories, healthy fats, and carbs. I never went off and started eating pure junk food because it made me feel horrible. It took me a solid 4-5 months to get into maintenance.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views