Missed a Milestone!

UnRuli
on 5/8/11 2:15 pm, edited 5/8/11 2:19 pm - Plainwell, MI
 I just realized that after not losing much in the last few months I just blew by a milestone and I didn't even realize it.  I've had reaching 75% of my total weight loss as one of my goals for some time now and I finally reached it!  Actually, I've blown PAST it and am now at 79%!  I've lost a little over 93 lbs!  Not many more to go (and in the end I may not make it to the original goal as I'm looking far smaller than I'm weighing and so my surgeon says he may adjust my final goal weight as we go).

I also graduated this weekend with a BFA in Illustration (Painting Minor) with Honors and was awarded the Studio Excellence award for my graduating class!  Exciting weekend!  Now I need to prepare for Graduate school which starts in July!

New photos!
Me:

with my AMAZING husband:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/UnRuli/IMG_1041.jpg

and my hot little graduation present (he's actually a rust-orange color.....NOT red like he appears).....meet "Wilson":
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/UnRuli/IMG_1032.jpg

oh, and a before photo that I found this weekend:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/UnRuli/Lisa250.jpg

(sorry guys I can't seem to insert more than one photo in my posts....it never seems to work for me).
Chalk
on 5/8/11 2:33 pm - TN
VSG on 01/09/12

Wow! You look fabulous! And sooooo much younger - not that you looked 'old' before ---- you know what I mean. LOL

Congrats on the BFA. Lots of hard work for that degree AND your weight loss. You should be very proud.

UnRuli
on 5/8/11 2:35 pm - Plainwell, MI
 Looking younger is a good thing!  At 41 years old I felt old enough as it was attending classes with all those young-uns.  Thanks!
Crimson
on 5/8/11 2:55 pm - MD
Wowzers! You look amazing! Lol, you look like you belong on tv

Congrats on your weight loss and graduation
UnRuli
on 5/8/11 3:07 pm - Plainwell, MI
 Awww, thanks!  (blushes)  TV?  LOL that is actually pretty funny.....

At least in these photos you can't see all my gray hair that's coming out so I look a little younger than I do in person.  I REFUSE to dye my gray hair.  Although I complain about it I secretly like it because it's thicker and has more body than my hair has ever had.  Bonus eh?
Danielle K.
on 5/8/11 4:10 pm - Evart, MI
Ok I'm really good at guessing ages and weights and such.  But I'd have never guessed the picture and your avatar is the same person.  I seriously would've thought mother/daughter.  Unless that is your mother or something? lol sorry also not great at flattery I guess.  Anyway you look great!
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

UnRuli
on 5/8/11 9:07 pm - Plainwell, MI
 Thank you SO much Danielle!  I guess it's finally time to change my avatar photo now eh?  I've used this avatar for so long that it will be odd to use something new but yes, I think it's time.

The avatar is indeed me though when overweight I did look a lot like my mother.
UnRuli
on 5/9/11 5:45 am - Plainwell, MI
 There......I finally changed it. Didn't have enough time to do it the morning but it is done now.  Is this one better?

It's a photo a fellow student took for me because I needed a photo for a newspaper article about me.  I think he did a FABULOUS job!
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 4:25 pm
Smart and gorgeous!  You got it all going on!!!!!!!!!
UnRuli
on 5/9/11 5:48 am - Plainwell, MI
 Ha ha.....thanks!  Many people would consider me not very smart since I  just graduated from art school.  However, I WAS an engineer for 15 years before that so there is a little bit of smart in me (when I'm not so exhausted I can't think straight).

and.....I FEEL beautiful but of course I didn't see in the mirror what is being shown in the before photos of me.  Seeing photos of what I really looked like when overweight is pretty shocking (even then).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views