Cold or Allergy Meds

Libralin
on 5/13/11 12:08 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hi..

Im sure this is common...either a cold or seasonal allergies....Everyone has been plagued by this problem this spring.  My ears are really bothering me...and Im coughing..a little stuffy.

What is everyone taking for any of this?  Can I take a cough med? What allergy med is safe?

Miss_C
on 5/13/11 1:54 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Hi there, I came down with a bad cough and cold about a month out and went to urgent care for it. I informed him of my limits of meds IE: no nsaids, no aspirin, no pills larger than a basic aspirin, no steroids, so he prescribed ot Robitussin, said it wouldn't brake any of my med rules :)  As far as the allergy med I would say the same safety restrictions I mentioned above would apply to that as well. I know that Claritin makes "RediTabs" that melt in your mouth. A med that avoids entering your tummy all together would be a good choice...to me any ways :)  
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

OldMedic
on 5/13/11 1:57 am, edited 5/13/11 1:58 am - Alvaton, KY
You have NO restrictions on ANY medications.  You can take whatever you want to take. NSAIDS are specifically ALLOWED with the sleeve, or I would never have had one done.  I have to take 800mg of prescription Motrin, 3 times every day of my life, and have done so since the day after surgery without any problem at all.

That is just ONE of the reasons why I chose to have the sleeve.  There are absolutely no legitimate reasons why you can not take any medication. 

I had my surgery done at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and their surgeons have done extensive research on medications and the sleeve.  They have determined, over and over again, that there is NO form of medication that can not be safely taken with a sleeve.

SDome programs that really do not know the sleeve will tell people that they can't take certain meds.  That is simply ignorance. Unfortunately, all too many programs and surgeons  treat the sleeve as if it was a bypass or a band.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 397 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views