Very disappointed in TGIFridays

Momof2Sweeties
on 5/12/11 7:20 am - NJ
So I went there for lunch today with hubby and son and prior to leaving I went online to get the nutritional info so I could make my decision for lunch. It wasn't there or I couldn't find it and decided I would just wait to get to the restaurant. Well apparently the store didn't have one either. The manager Jack, came over and said it's not economical for them to carry the nutritional content. I said that's fine, but it couldn't be posted one time on the website so that people who are trying to eat right could make an informed decision. I want to be able to go out with my family and for that to happen, I need to know what the heck I am eating. He said he agrees but the choice is out of his hands. I think in this day and age with obesity being such an epidemic and restaurants wanting to encourage patrons to come to their establishment that they would be a little more empathetic to the needs of those who have to count calories, fat, carbs, protein...needless to say, will not be going back there unless I can find out what the hell I am putting in my body..

Shannon

jimbovsg
on 5/12/11 7:26 am
Totally...Gettin'...Indigestion....Friday's  ha ha!  Was the manager wearing enough..."flair?"  LOL! 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

ashwarren
on 5/12/11 7:27 am
I have found that MANY eating establishments aren't posting their nutritional facts.  It completely stinks when you are wanting to keep up with your intake.  We should start a campaign, one restaurant at a time, and flood their corporate office with the request of putting their nutritional information on-line! 
  HW: 240 SW: 227       
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 7:27 am
Those clowns!

I have a good friend who manages the Olive Garden that is close to my house.  She has told me that restaurants are hurting right now for customers.  If enough people start speaking up like you did, Shannon, things will change.

If that fool does not want our business, fine.  There is a restaurant on every street corner.

By the way, I love your avatar picture!
Momof2Sweeties
on 5/12/11 7:32 am - NJ
Thank you..that was our wedding last may in Bermuda..I can't wait to be my goal weight and get my dress refitted and renew the vows on that beach with our children present and with the man who thinks even at 377, I was the sexiest thing to walk this earth..

@Jimbo...lol, no flair, it would have made it difficult for me to get my point across

Shannon

cabcab
on 5/12/11 7:29 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I think in New York it's the law that restaurant chains have to post the calorie content of menu items.  I've heard this might become a national law, too.

Of course, the number of calories isn't the only thing we look at when it comes to nutitional value, but it's a step in the right direction.

HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Happy966
on 5/12/11 7:31 am

Very interesting... Chain restaurants have to post at least calories on their menus in NYC - and there *is* a TGIF in Times Square...  Curiouser and curiouser...  Nutritional info shouldn't be a state secret.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Momof2Sweeties
on 5/12/11 7:33 am - NJ
Yep, the manager said NY is the only place where it is mandatory to post the values..I was like, and how does that help me....I don't have any friends in manhattan that I could call and tell to go to TGI and get the information for me...

Shannon

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 7:34 am
I wonder if The Cheesecake Factory lists their calorie content.  They are always the worst in those "Eat This.. Not That" comparisons.

I ate like a horse before I started working to have my surgery, but I never made it to the Cheesecake Factory... I did it all without them!  LOL!
Ms Shell
on 5/12/11 8:59 am - Hawthorne, CA
It's worse then you think...actually it's law here in Cali too but long before that with your menu cheesecake gave out a nutrition book.  I believe that was the LAST time i was there...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 380 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 416 views