A couple days post op, question about chest pressure

NoEscape21
on 5/13/11 12:08 pm - Apopka, FL
 So I am a couple days post op, only on clear liquids. I am sipping what I am allowed to have and dont think I have been taking to big of sips, but every now and then, (like now) I get pressure in the middle of my chest. I am wondering if thats only from drinking maybe a lil too much or does something else cause that?
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Linda B.
on 5/13/11 12:14 pm
I remember the feeling when I was just a few days out, I'm not sure exactly what causes it but it's pretty much gone at 2 mos out unless I forget and take to big a bite or a gulp of liquid. It all gets better as you go. Good Luck!

NoEscape21
on 5/13/11 12:15 pm - Apopka, FL
 I just decided to start my PPI to see if that helps... will let you all know
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

sleeve genie
on 5/13/11 12:17 pm - Alhambra, CA
Congrats on your surgery.  In the very beginning we are very swollen from the surgery so i think its probably completly normal.   Just sip and take your time and it really does get much better once you get a little further out and the swelling goes down.  If you are truly worried about anything always a good idea to call your surgeon.  But the first week or two can be challenging.  Just be very good to youself and give your body time to recover from the trauma of surgery.  I'm sure you'll feel much better real soon  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

jaded123
on 5/13/11 12:23 pm - MD
I've found that warm liquids go down a little better than cold.  I love sipping herbal (no caffeine) tea.

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

NoEscape21
on 5/13/11 12:25 pm - Apopka, FL
 It seems my omeprazole my dr gave me helped relieve it so I am wondering if its just acid build up now that I am taking in anything. I may order some broth though. Thanks for the suggestIon!
Youtube: 

tanieanie
on 5/13/11 12:25 pm - WI
I too experianced alot of pressure in my chest.  1st one was the gas from the surgery itself.  ARRGH    The second was when i would swollow.  It was sort of painful in the middle lower part of my chest.  The Dr. told me alot of people mention that to him as well as he said... dont forget you also had your Hiatal hernia repaired and that could be it.    Good luck and let us know.

NoEscape21
on 5/13/11 12:29 pm - Apopka, FL
 does everyone have a hiatal hernia ? Cuz i dont think I saw that inmy surgery report.
Youtube: 

GeeGee13
on 5/13/11 8:17 pm
 yea i had that too... it used to ache like hell every time i sipped anything even water..
but it's finer after every new stage.. so when u start puree... u shouldnt have a prob with liquids any more, and when you start solids u wouldnt have any problems with puree, and so on...

just takes time adapting...
my freakiest moments were the first like u, i thought i was trying to squeeze something in a chemistry tunnel, could hear it all going in and it was funny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views