APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!!!!!!

Mer82
on 5/16/11 1:28 am - SC

I can't believe it! I am so excited!!!!  Had to share, just wish the nurse was in so I could schedule a date... Is tomorrow too soon? Haha... Oh well, at least I know it's coming... YAY!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 1:36 am - MO
Congratulations! I am scheduled for July 25th. I know you are so excited. I am excited and scared at the same time. Wish you the best! 
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 1:37 am
You know you really could show a little excitement couldn't you? LOL! That's so great! Congratulations to you!! I hope to be joining you very soon.
Kim_M
on 5/16/11 1:40 am - LaPorte, TX
I remember that call!! Enjoy your day I only had to wait 2 weeks hopes going your way that you won;t have a long wait!!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Mer82
on 5/16/11 2:22 am - SC
Thanks guys!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 5:37 am - NY
Hey! I'm sending my "letter of medical necessity" to the insurance company this week. i have united health care. could you guys share about how long every step took and what requirements you had to meet before surgery?

thanks!
Mer82
on 5/16/11 5:54 am - SC
I started this process on March 8th with the educational seminar, had my pre-op consult on March 16th, fitness eval on March 22nd, then had an EGD on April 21st,  met with the dietitian on April 25th and Psych eval on April 28th. My pre-determination was sent to my insurance company (Medcost) on May 4th and approved on May 13th. Overall I can't complain, everything went through pretty quickly, I should know my actual surgery date tomorrow and I am hoping to have it sometime in early/mid June. Good luck to you and I hope you find the ability to have a little more patience than me!

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 6:08 am - NY
Thank you! I don't think patience is going to be easy for me... I'm nervous because my primary care doc is sending a letter to the insurance this week. I'm going to a seminar may 26th and hopefully a meeting with a surgeon soon after that. i'm in college so I would LOVE to have the surgery this summer. I don't go back til labor day but it would be nice to be settled in before oing back to school. I can't imagine having the surgery midsemester...

Thank you for the info!
Mer82
on 5/16/11 6:14 am - SC
I know the feeling. Just keep pushing through and stay positive, you'll get there! And once you do it will all be worth it! Keep me updated!

mamabear5
on 5/16/11 12:23 pm
Congrats!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 377 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views