Surgery tomorrow....need advice!!

Gigi A.
on 5/16/11 4:37 am - Canute, OK
First Good Luck!   I was very nervous also.   I am 2 weeks tomorrow from my surgery.    Just remember do what the nurse tell you to do.    Drink all your fluids too.    Rest and don't  try to a super hero, it doesnt work.... The head hunger goes away, mine did....

Be nice to your pouch!
Gigi from Woodward        
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/11 4:32 am
I was "head hungry" during the liquid phase the first few weeks after surgery.  I would fix my cravings by figuring out if it was a sweet or savory craving and I knocked it out with either sugar free popsicles or beef broth depending on the craving.  I'm still in the mushie phase and I don't have cravings hardly ever, but when I do I allow myself one bite of whatever I am craving.  They are so rare that when they happen I just give into them if they are bad enough.  If my body wants to eat now I just eat.  I'm eating so little at each sitting now that I just do what I feel.
bubbles_too
on 5/16/11 5:38 am
I am 2 1/2 weeks out and don't want anything until I smell what others are cooking or eating.  It hits me hard then.  Some things i can work out.  Like eating cottage cheese with hot sauce.  Just be aware your head will still talk.  It is something I have to fight.  I have yet to feel hungry.  Mainly because I am suppose to "eat" regularly.  Breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Getting in the protein and water in is tough but doable.  I have already lost 20+ pounds so I am loving my sleeve.
Hugs and prayers are coming in your direction!!
Karen

wert
on 5/16/11 5:48 am - MN
Karen, Congratulations on your loss! You're right - if you can eat something on your program the head hunger is easier to tolerate. Keep it up. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

wert
on 5/16/11 5:46 am - MN
My worst head hunger was after I was home from the hospital and on clear liquids. Once I started on full liquids/puree it got a whole lot better. Then, the problem was seeing food on TV. I'd just change the channel. No more cooking programs for me! Now the whole thing is much better. I don't know if I've gotten past it or what. Yesterday when I was grocery shopping I noticed it was so much easier to walk past the store display of packaged brownies. I told myself it's just more of that "white food" and I don't eat that crap any more. I hope I don't end up falling back into my old ways of eating "white food" in a year or 2. So far, tho, so good.

I'd say you can expect to experience head hunger. But you may also be able to pu**** into a place where it won't overwhelm you, too. I hope so. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views