What Supplements will I need?

taracarter42
on 5/16/11 12:46 am
 Can you give me a list of what supplements I'm going to need?  Reading all this different products have my head spinning!
Jenijeni
on 5/16/11 12:50 am
Most docs want you on two chewable adult vitamins, 3 calcium citrate chews, 1 sublingual 1000mcg b12 and a b complex... But some have more that they want. Some do not require the b complex. Call your doc or nut and ask. They'll tell you what to grab!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

USAF Wife
on 5/16/11 12:58 am, edited 5/16/11 1:00 am
A good, high quality adult multivitamin with iron. I use celebrate chewable complete, yep even at 2 years out I still use chewables. Best part is that even in pregnancy, I'm allowed to stay on them because they are better than the pre-natals and they don't make me sick. I've never had to supplement with additional iron because I've never had issues with my iron levels.

Sublingual B12 - I picked mine up at WalMart 60-90 day supply for 5bucks

Calcium Citrate 1200-1500mg during my losing stage, and 1000mg in maintenance. I use Celebrate Citrate 500 plus (it has Vitamin D and Magnesium) Again, they are chewable, and they work well for me.

You can request a sample pack from Celebrate at [email protected] just tell them you had VSG.

And you can also order a sample pack from Bariatric Advantage. Some use multivitamins from retail stores and as long as they are a complete multivitamin then that is an option as well.

Remember, you can not take take your multi with iron within 2 hours of your calcium since they interfere with each other.

I went with this combination because I was tired of taking 6 citrate tablets per day, 3 times a day along with my multivitamins. That was 8 pills a day, and that was too much, and I couldn't stick with it. With the Celebrate combination, I take 4 chewables per day, and have it spaced out perfectly with my food intake. I pop a sublingual b12 every 2-3 days per week.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

taracarter42
on 5/16/11 1:08 am
 Thank you ladies!  This helps settle my mind!  Love the help I get in this forum!!!
Rmoneygirl
on 5/16/11 1:43 am - OH
My head is still spinning.  I have shopped and shopped for vitmiams and still have come up empty handed.  My sheet says a Multi with at least 18mg iron and chewable.  I can't find anything for that.  and all the calcuim Citrate I find doen't have D3 !!   I'm lost........  as for the protein suppement I even more confused.  There are SOOOOOOO many. and of course GNC wants to do is sell me the MOST expensive of everything !!

taracarter42
on 5/16/11 5:08 am
 Rmoneygirl.....lol I just want a list of what and where!  I need supplements and taste.  I HATE slimfast so the concept of that scares the crap out of me! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views