surgery was cancelled.

maxie1
on 5/17/11 8:07 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Hi,

Problem with the pre cert on my surgery it was scheduled for outpatient which they wanted 1400.00 before my surgery which would of been today.  They call me friday night to tell me this. Then the dr's ofc try to get it inpatient and it was denied.. Now they have to resubmit it and try again or else I have to try the regular bypass surgery and see if that is covered for inpatient.  Husband is not working and don't have the extra 1400.00 laying around to have the sleeve as an outpatient procedure.

I am so upset.....today was suppose to be my big day.....

susan

susan                                                                                                
redsnapper1975
on 5/17/11 8:11 am
Oh you poor thing, what terrible news.  I hope it all gets worked out and you are sleeved soon. 
~ Kim

Sabrina R.
on 5/17/11 8:12 am - CA
Oh Susan, I'm so sorry....I know how you were looking forward to today. Mine is next Monday and I couldn't EVEN imagine them calling me and cancelling. Not after I've come this far!  Well, everything happens for a reason, so just know it will all come together!  Maybe the surgeon was up late last night and he wouldn't have done a good job. You never know!  Take Care and hopefully you'll get another date soon!

Sabrina

GOING2LOSEIT2011
on 5/17/11 8:15 am
Sorry Hopefully it will all work out soon ..
I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.Phil 4:13
  Hw 386  Sw 322 Cw 226.6
DR.Christine Chu   Fremont , Ca                 
  VSG  6/28

Bigasiangirl
on 5/17/11 8:25 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
Oh Maxie, I am so sorry for you... I would be so incredibly upset if that happened to me.  I'm praying that you will be getting on that surgery table soon and also that your hubby gets a great job. 

Hugs!

maxie1
on 5/17/11 9:03 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
thanks for all the replies.   i hope so.
susan                                                                                                
sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/17/11 9:17 am - CA
How discouraging that must be for you! I know I got a call on the Fri before my Mon surgery telling me I had $500 per day co-pay for the hospital due upon admission and I was so grateful to be able to borrow it from my son-in-law until I got paid the following Fri. With hotel expenses, travel, approved protein drinks for post op and medication it ended up costing me $1,000. I hope you get everything straightened out soon. Keep your chin up.

Jasonm11
on 5/17/11 9:50 am
It will be just a minor set back in the end. Stay committed to your decision to have this for your health and you'll see it through in the right time. I always believe God has a plan and every single time something didn't go my way, a long time later I can look back and see why it is better to have worked the way it did. I'll be praying that this is quickly resolved for you.
Mr Mom
on 5/17/11 10:17 am
Oh man that sux!
I was laying there on the gurney in the surgical holding area and they were getting ready to wheel me into surgery when some pencil neck busts through the door and says I can't go to my surgery unless I fork over a $1450 patient portion! I said, "hey my ride left an hour ago and took my wallet with her & besides, I never pay until the insurance company sends me the patient responsibility statement". At 1st they weren't buying it but eventually I talked them into trusting me that they would get paid before I left the hospital. So they let me go to surgery (two other dumb-asses from accounting had to get involved 1st). So about a month later I get the patient responsibility statement from Aetna and as it turns out the hospital owed me $975 back!!! I called them and man I was hot! They made me wait 3 more weeks till they cut my refund check!
It's a racket is all I can say. Sorry to dwell on this but your story brought me right back to it. I truly hope it all works out for you. Please make sure to talk to your insurance company because the hospitals have their own cosmic nonsense they apply when they estimate the patient responsibility.
Take care... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

soulfull_ladee
on 5/17/11 10:44 am
NO Way! Now that is crazy! so I guess it is not really over till the "fat" lady sings! I am scheduled 5/27 will keep my fingers crossed!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views