NSV, and boy did I need it!

therese50
on 5/17/11 10:13 am - Lansing, MI
Okay so I am half way to goal, have been in a ***** of a stall and in general feeling a little down.  Today I went to a team meeting for a client.  Haven't seen anyone since December.  The case manager walked in and didn't recognise me at first.  Then she asked me if I've lost a bunch of weight.  I said yes and she went on and on about how great I looked then asked me how.  When I told her she asked me to email the information to her.  I guess sometimes we can't see how far we've come because we're so busy looking toward the goal.  It made me feel great!

skinimini
on 5/17/11 10:16 am
That is great! I look forward to seeing people I haven't seen in awhile. I am hoping to be sleeved in June, and want to have a big reveal at Christmas with my family. That is my dream anyway!

Im sure that stall is on it's way out, and you will truckin' along again soon!

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

sleeve genie
on 5/17/11 10:24 am - Alhambra, CA
Hey sweetie,  thats such a great feeling,  i know how good that makes you feel.   Don't get so hung up on the goal that you miss all the great things that come along on the way that show how great you really are doing.  This has been the best thing i could have ever done for myself,  and even tho at almost a year out i haven't quite reached my goal,  i have met the ones i most was concerned about which for me has always been my health.  Keep up the good work,  and remember to enjoy all the little gifts we get along the way  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

therese50
on 5/17/11 11:23 am - Lansing, MI
Thanks for these replies.  I feel like with each pound I lose I get one step closer to the real me, the body I remember having that feels good, moves freely, isn't self concious.  A man held a door for me today and smiled, made eye contact -HELLO- this is such a small thing, but in the world of obesity it's like you have an invisibility cloak on-you see others but often they just don't see you, they look right through you.  I am the same person inside, but moving through the world with less weight is just easier.  It makes me feel like I can start to do more fun things.  I'm going to take a salsa dancing class.  Six months ago I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I needed a crash cart!  This is a blessing for sure.

Miss_C
on 5/17/11 1:07 pm - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
That is terrific Terese, glad you had such a wonderful nsv, you deserve to feel great :)  You made such a good point about being so focused on where were going that we dont even realize how far we've come. That's so true to life in general but never applied it wl but its sooo true, I can relate!  
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views