first day post op!

ruthie571
on 5/18/11 9:08 am
So surgery was yesterday.  I got home about 4 hours ago.  my main question is is it normal to have abdominal  pain every time i drink something?  not excruciating but kinda like a wave of pain goes thru.

hw:335, presw318, sw304, cw230          

foodlover
on 5/18/11 9:11 am
I think so.  I had pain every time I did anything including blinked.    If you have any concerns, don't be affraid to call your Dr.
ruthie571
on 5/18/11 9:14 am
i am sure its just my body healing, I may also be a little freaked out as I think about what's now inside of me!  I will definitely call if any of this gets worse.  Should probably also take some of my pain med.  It just tastes so bad I have to gag it down!
justwillow
on 5/18/11 9:17 am - OR
Wow home already??? My surgery is on Mon. it is also a day surgery but I have to stay in the area and go in to the office tues for an IV and wed. to see the doc and them home, How was it? how ya doing?

Jenijeni
on 5/18/11 9:17 am
Congratulations! You're home and sleeved! Pain is normal, but if it gets really bad, call your doc!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

ruthie571
on 5/18/11 9:28 am
Thanks Jenijeni. And yes they said I was doing awesome so they sent me home. 
I have a lot of soreness which is to be expected and that horrible gas pain in my shoulders worse yesterday evening,  It is getting better tho.  My main problem yesterday was the grogginess post op.  I hate the way anesthesia makes me feel and it seems like it takes forever for me to get it out of my system!  But I know this is my new lease on life, and unfortunately pain and soreness cannot be avoided! 
Heidi V.
on 5/18/11 9:32 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
I was sleeved on May 2nd and was not allowed anything by the mouth until I had the leak test on May 4th. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and then 2 nights in a hotel, which was 5 minutes from the hospital. When I had my first ice cube, it hurt a lot to swallow. Even today, 16 days out, I get some pain when I swallow. My doctor is sending me for an upper gi test to make sure everything is ok.

Good luck!!

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

sldierswife
on 5/18/11 9:36 am
I am 8 days post op and I think it was day 4 I could sip
Without that annoying feeling. Gratz to you
 HW 298 SW 281

Daviegrandma
on 5/18/11 10:30 am - Davie, FL
Ruth, Congrats... The worst is over and now for the rest of your life... I am so jealous.. I would say enjoy the pain.. It is your stomach thanking you.....Keep us updated...

sleeve genie
on 5/18/11 11:07 am - Alhambra, CA
Congrats on getting your sleeve.  Yah for you.   Sip sip sip  tiny sips at first.   We just had our tummy sliced and diced and our bodies are not really happy about it at first.   It really does get better and better and i think you're fine,  but if you get concerned always good to call the surgeon.  walk, sip, rest and repeat.  The first couple of weeks are the hardest,  but you got this   enjoy the new you :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!