what happens if the stress test isnt perfect

crystal W.
on 5/19/11 11:59 am - east liverpool, OH
had a chemical stress test 5/13. today right before 5:00 the dr's office calls and said he wants to see me before my surgery (which is tue)  i'm freaking out right now!  please say a prayer for me that tues is still a go
Danielle K.
on 5/19/11 12:15 pm - Evart, MI
 I'm a cardiac care RN and usually with pre op clearance if someone fails their stress test they want to do a heart catheterization for clearance.  It's usually an out patient procedure.  They go in through the artery in your groin and thread a catheter up towards your heart and then inject small amount of IV dye and watch on an xray screen as it moves through the arteries and vessels around your heart.  The purpose of this is to look for narrowing arteries that may be causing a lack of oxygen to get to your heart muscle and causing damage to your heart.  If that's the case they place a stent to hold the artery open or inflate a balloon during the procedure to push all the plaque back against the walls kind of smushing it down and opening the vessel more.  Usually is no big deal, of course there are always chances of complications.  Google it, read up on it.  Be informed that way you can know the possibilities before going to your doctor's. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

Ronetta G.
on 5/19/11 12:15 pm - NV

Sending lots of prayers your way....things will be O.K.

sleeve genie
on 5/19/11 12:18 pm - Alhambra, CA
I had to get a cardiac clearance for surgery and did the treadmill stress test.   I have an extra p wave? my heart sometimes takes an extra beat.  Thankfully the cardiologist told me all was fine and that i was cleared for surgery.  If something is wrong best to find out and take care of it now.   Lots of people have health issues and thats usually more reason to have surgery to lose weight to improve your health.  I will be hoping all goes well for you  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

CJCC55
on 5/19/11 12:25 pm - Cleveland, TN
Am praying for you.
Dr. may just want to place you on a medication.
I know that losing weight can only have a positive effect on your cardiovascular system, but you want to stay safe during the surgery. The short term goal is to keep you safe during the surgery/anesthesia.
Praying that you will not have any delays in your surgical date.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

crystal W.
on 5/19/11 12:33 pm - east liverpool, OH
thanks everyone!  i've been praying that its nothing but i'm worried.  i cant believe i had to get this done in the first place.  i've had a few surgeries and never had any problems.  this stress test has caused me major stress
foodlover
on 5/19/11 1:19 pm
I didn't "pass" mine but the cardiologist said that my heart would actually get better after surgery.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Songcatcher
on 5/19/11 5:18 pm
I'll pray for you.  Wishing all goes well on Tuesday.  Song

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views