Fast Food diet from Dr Oz

momokc
on 5/21/11 7:44 am
 I was watcching Dr. Oz this week and he had a fast food diet that consisted of 1200 calories a day. 
Subway for breakfast --Egg whites and veggies on whole wheat bread 
Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch--Grilled chicken breast (no skin); one corn on the cob; one serving of green beans; water to drink ...no bread, biscuit etc 
Mc Donald's --dinner...Asian salad with italian dressing on the side

Other alternatives for lunch or dinner:  Taco Bell or Taco mayo..one bean burrito from the $1 menu and one taco from the $1 menu.  Water to drink  
Wendy's --small bowl of chili, side salad with I forgot the dressing type on the side, water to drink

I think that is all he said.  You can look it up on DrOz.com.   He had two ladies on it for a week and they lost 5-7lbs that week.  
Now, for those who are far enough along to be able to eat these things, I think it really sounds great in case you get out and have to stop at somewhere for a quick bite to eat.   

I am going to try the Kentucky fried meal tomorrow.  It sounds fabulouse however I know I will have to eat it over two or three hours but still sounds great!! 

Granny

sleeve genie
on 5/21/11 10:14 am - Alhambra, CA
I watched that show too,  he got the grilled chicken at kfc not the fried chicken.  It was great to see those two gals lose almost a pound a day doing it,  i didn't catch all of it,  not sure if they incorporated exercise or if this was all diet related.   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

momokc
on 5/21/11 2:19 pm
You are right, it is grilled chicken however, I believe that is what I said in my post.  He also said that you have to remove the skin and not eat it.  

I went by KFC today.  They no longer carry corn on the cob here or at any of their corp stores is what I was told. The man taking my order said that several people had told him about Dr Oz show.  I got the coleslaw instead of the corn.  I really don't like their green beans but that is just me.  I don't like very many restaurant green beans as they don't have any flavor usually tastes like they are straight from the can and heated.  I choose the cole slaw today since they use a vinegar type dressing and not mayo dressing.   

I don't remember anything about exercise.  Dr Oz said he knows people eat at fast food restuarants and he just wanted to give people the best options he could find for those who were trying to lose weight or maintaining their weight. 

Have a great day.....

Granny 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views