Smells so good

dimplez30
on 5/22/11 9:27 am
 OK, so I had surgery on Wednesday and I'm alright with the drinking fluids. I get full before I finish 2 oz of protein; however, the smell of the food cooking when my husband cooks for the kids is almost unbareable. Yesterday, the smell made me want to , but today he made baked chicken, au gratin potatoes and veggies (MY FAV) and the skin on the chicken is crisp, just the way I like it.

The only thing I can say is at least he is supportive and I don't have to cook or clean(til I get well) 
On the other hand DAMN IT SMELLS SO GOOD.

Ann C.
on 5/22/11 9:31 am - GA
When they start eating, i go for my walk, or take my book outside and read while they are stuffing their faces!   Hope this helps!

foodlover
on 5/22/11 9:31 am
I was the same way when my DH and kids were eating something that I liked.  to make it worse, I was starving.  But then, the feeling finally went away.  At 2 months out I am able to enjoy those foods now and I am full after about 2 oz. :)  Congrats on your surgery!
redsnapper1975
on 5/22/11 9:36 am
For now, I have enjoyed sniffing yummy foods.  I can't really eat anything yet, but things I've "huffed" are popcorn, mac and cheese, pasta with meat sauce.  :)  Next best thing to eating it. 
~ Kim

prayinghard2day
on 5/22/11 10:29 am

I know what you mean.  My son tries to spare me sometimes by going straight to his room when he brings home take out  or he cooks when he thinks I'm sleeping. But my nose is on 'Super Sleuth' these days, I smell EVERYTHING & YES IT SMELLS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! 

MELMEL308
on 5/22/11 3:34 pm - PA
I am right there with you...today i was napping on the couch and woke up to the smells of steak bbqing on the neighbors grill...omg it smelled so good...and my hubby made tuna for himself last night, so the house smelled so yummy of tuna...i even found myself drooling over my 15 months old fruit cup...lol

But i sipped on tomato soup today and protein shakes...yummmy...
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 378 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views