cajunlady1958
on 5/22/11 11:21 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I just got my approval letter from Medicaid and I haven't set up a surgery date as of yet.  I have wanted this for so long.  I know the 2 week liquid phase will be a challenge but I have read your post and it gives me much hope.  Now that I have been approved will I have to meet with the surgeon before or will they just set my date and tell me to show up?  Any help to calm my fears will be much apprciated.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

emelar
on 5/22/11 11:25 am - TX
Kinda depends on your surgeon, but you usually meet with your surgeon at least once before surgery.  He goes over all the details - most of which you will already have heard from this board!  Get your list of questions together for him.  Ask what kind of pain control he'll do for the surgery and what meds you go home with (make sure you have a minimum of a pain med and anti-nausea med).  Ask about follow-up care and when labs are taken.  Ask any other question you can think of!

Big congrats on your approval. 
KSqtpie
on 5/22/11 11:30 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
 Welcome! I am a newbie too. Just attended my first seminar and faxed my paperwork in. This is an amazing place for support. Good luck on your journey!
Kristy R.
on 5/22/11 11:43 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Welcome!  Beware of information overload, LOL.  As my surgery day approached, I reached the point where I could not absorb any more information.  I took a timeout from forums and reading, etc and just tried to relax.  It helped a lot.  I knew I could ask later if I missed anything.  Best wishes on your journey!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

sleeve genie
on 5/22/11 11:45 am - Alhambra, CA
Wow congratulations,   I didn't know Medicaid approved the sleeve.  Thats good news,  you'll be so happy you are doing this.  I hope you get your date soon.  My dr office has a gal who calls you to set up the date so hopefully you'll get a call soon,   Enjoy the new you :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Jenijeni
on 5/22/11 1:32 pm
Welcome! I had Medicare/Medicaid and got right on through with no hold ups at all! Good luck to you!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 206 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 290 views