Supplements for after surgery

taracarter42
on 5/25/11 5:22 am
Can someone provide me with a list of supplements...and where you got them that I will need? I see b12 and protein and all sorts of stuff! I'm so overwhelmed!
USAF Wife
on 5/25/11 5:43 am
This is my regimen:
A high quality/adult multi-vitamin with Iron - I still use chewables because I like them, and I am on Celebrate Multi complete (even in the pregnancy, I'm allowed to stay on these because of the exceptional formulation). For the multi- it needs to be a complete multivitamin that gives you 100% of the daily recommended value of the recommended vitamins/nutrients/minerals.

During my losing stage, and restricted calorie time- 1200-1500mg Calcium Citrate, I used various brands trying to find one I liked and could tolerate. Went with Citracal petites but that was 6 tablets a day on top of the 2 multis YUCK, now I need 1000mg of citrate and I use Celebrate Calcium Citrate Plus 500 with vitamin D and magnesium. Again, it's chewable.

Sublingual B12 - one 2500mcg every couple of days (3-4 times weekly under the tub)

As for all the other stuff, I never could use protein drinks/shakes on a regular basis, they made me puke due to VSG-induced lactose and whey protein intolerance. I have links for protein drink recipes in my blog, I'm pretty sure there's 200-300 recipes in there.

You can get samples from Celebrate at [email protected]

Bariatric Advantage samples are also available on their website

I use vitacost.com for all my other stuff Omega 3s (which I'm not taking in the pregnancy), ground organic flax seed, my kiddos multi, and my husband's protein drinks he uses for workout recovery protein. They offer flat rate shipping so I stock up every couple of months, and order everything from there. Plus, I get other skin care stuff, lotions, and just random crap I want to try from vitacost.com
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

taracarter42
on 5/25/11 6:07 am
Awesome! Thank you so much!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op