My hubby is joining the VSG world tomorrow!

snowbaby
on 5/27/11 4:56 am - Durango, CO
I'm so excited (and scared!) for my husband. He had a band 4 years ago, had complications right off the bat, ended up getting it removed with the option to revise to a sleeve. He was too freaked out by his band experience to revise so just opted for the removal. Now after seeing how well I've done with the sleeve he has changed his mind and is going in for a revision tomorrow.  Please keep him in your prayers that all goes well!
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

GarnetGirl
on 5/27/11 5:30 am - Houston, TX
Sending him good thoughts. Had my sleeve Monday & reading posts re hospital experience really helped out. Take fav pillow and tell surgeon and the anesthesiologist you want something for nausea before surgery. They gave me a patch. If one of the nurse shifts has communicative nurses..and mine did...they will share their thoughts on recovery with you. Walking the floor after surgery made me feel better and I also took my own wet wipes. A lot of previous posts said they wore the hospital gown but I am glad I took my own because by Day 2 the gown's material felt itchy-scratchy to me. Small things that made a difference!

GarnetGirl

sleeve genie
on 5/27/11 5:43 am - Alhambra, CA
Oh how exciting for both of you,  that's wonderful news.   No need to give advice as you have been there and done that and he has his own sleeve expert to guide him through this first month.   Sending healing happy thoughts your way :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

snowbaby
on 5/27/11 8:36 am - Durango, CO
Thanks Jeani! LOL...yeah I think after a year of living the VSG life I've got a handle on it. I did have a little trouble remembering the post-op diet but then realized I can just look up on my online journal from last year. Thanks for the healing happy thoughts...I am so excited for him and hope all goes well.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

CJCC55
on 5/27/11 8:47 am - Cleveland, TN
so happy for you. I wish so many people did not have such terrible issues with the band, but really happy for you now.
Wishing you all the best. Prayers ascending for your DH's surgical team.
Love my sleeve, and so glad my surgeon went to san fran to learn the sleeve from dr cirangle and jossart. I have the 32 fr bougie, and have great restriction 1 yr and 1/4 out.
Had to remind myself to eat something today.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

jimbovsg
on 5/27/11 9:09 am
Wow....I'm happy for you both!  Congratulations....a two sleeve household!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Valerie K.
on 5/27/11 10:18 am - Dearborn, MI
 congrats for both of you he will be in my prayers.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 81 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 297 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 345 views