My surgery was Monday...when

Sabrina R.
on 5/27/11 1:37 pm - CA
does it start to get better?   My tummy hurts!  Does cold water hurt any one elses stomach?

heathermc44
on 5/27/11 1:39 pm - Bremerton, WA
Things will get better.  Yes, your tummy is going to hurt and water is not going to feel so good.  Just take your time, try not to do too much at once and be sure and sip lots of water.  Good luck to you!

Ms Shell
on 5/27/11 1:45 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Things get better everyday.  I don't know if you have children but you know how we always heat up baby bottles I think cold water just doesn't work, so try room temperature, etc etc and find what works.  Mix a little juice or crystal light or something to add if it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

wert
on 5/27/11 1:46 pm - MN
Drink warm herbal tea if you have it. Warm drinks felt so soothing at first. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

LittleMissSunshine
on 5/27/11 1:54 pm
I was sleeved on Monday too... haven't noticed much difference in cold vs. room temp, but I typically err on the side of room temp to be on the safe side. The coldest temp I use is the cold setting on the faucet, which isn't as cold as the fridge is. 

My tummy isn't in bad shape, though I'm trying to be really mindful in spacing everything out, just doing 1oz every 15 mins (per my doctor's instructions).  So far it's just been protein shakes and apple juice diluted 50/50 with water.  I tried a sugar free pudding earlier, but couldn't do more than maybe 2 baby teaspoons worth.

Good luck, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Sabrina R.
on 5/27/11 1:54 pm - CA
Thank you for all of your responses. I just feel like I can down gallons of water!  I guess I'll have to switch to warm for a while. I LOVE my cold water though. Thanks so much for your suggestions! I can't wait to get to the next stage, or at least till my tummy doesn't hurt anymore.

sleeve genie
on 5/27/11 2:32 pm - Alhambra, CA
It gets much better, quickly,  the first two weeks were the most challenging for me,  hey  major surgery you know,  your body is probably not real happy with you right now,   just be good to yourself,   i still drink my water room temp,  tummy doesn't really like cold  I'm sure you'll feel better soon  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Sabrina R.
on 5/27/11 2:47 pm - CA
Thanks J!  I'm looking forward to feeling  better!  I can't wait till I can just TASTE food again! :)  Thank you for your words of encouragment! :)

Sabrina

BriarRose
on 5/27/11 3:28 pm
I made chicken broth, (not campbells) Actually, I made my own with chicken, vegetables, floated an onion, lots of herbs and then strained it. I drank it warm, and it felt so soothing on my tummy. Trader Joes has a pretty good chicken broth (comes in a box) and is low sodium.

It gets better !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Sabrina R.
on 5/27/11 3:34 pm - CA
Sounds Yummy!  When does it start getting better?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views