Newbie question

cajunlady1958
on 5/27/11 2:10 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I was approved for vsg last thursday (May 19).  Nurse told me she would call me after her and the doctor set surgery dates.  My question is How long between approval and surgery date was your wait?

Every time my phone rings I jump I don't know if I can stand the suspense, LOL.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

cindibarre
on 5/27/11 2:19 am - Danforth, ME
Congrats on getting approved.  I'm at least a month and half away.  Still at least two appointments.  Hang in there, you'll hear from them soon.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
SweetDreamGirl
on 5/27/11 2:19 am
I know exactly how you feel I saw the Dr on May 2 and he said he needed to get permisson from my insurance to do the sleeve instead of RXY.  I couldn't stand the wait any longer and called the insurance myself on the 19th and found out that they approved it on the 16th via snailmail letter.  My surgeon's nurse called me yesterday to schedule me for the 7th of July. I was at work when I got the call and almost fell out of my chair with joy.  

I'm more nervous/excited now that I have a definite date than I've been thru the whole process of getting here.  Good luck to you.
Michelle W.
on 5/27/11 2:25 am - WA
Congrats on your approval! So exciting!!! My doctor submitted for approval on the 11th of April, I got the approval phone call on the 5th of this month and I get my sleeve on the 31st. Things can happen FAST. Just see it as a blessing and go with it!!!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views