Oh wow you actually look pretty now!

MN_Mama
on 5/26/11 6:31 am

A really busy weekend day at the local gas station, the receipts for the pay at the pump aren't working, two (look like) 12 year olds working the registers, 10 people in each line with melting bags of ice and popsicles, crying, hot babies....you get the picture.  

Rich man in a hurry budges in line to demand his receipt so he can write off his "boating on the lake with my girlfriend day" as a business expense, and I requested he please get in line with the rest of us. 
His comment was to tell me that I look like a whole line myself. 

My comment (this was 3 years ago) at the time was "someday I may be thin again, but it's a sure bet you'll still be rude and ignorant."    He turned the same color red as his toy boat, but he got in line.  I have to admit I was pleased at the applause, although I shouldn't gloat......well maybe just a little.

Just have to keep in mind that his Mother didn't love him enough to teach him any better, poor kid.

I expect we will be more compassionate people for what we've been through.   I'm trying anyway.  Keep your chin up, and thanks for sharing. 

Bigasiangirl
on 5/26/11 8:00 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
MN Mama, that was priceless! 
I wish I could come back with great lines like that! 

NoEscape21
on 5/26/11 2:47 pm - Apopka, FL
 WOW, it always amazes me how horrible MANY of us on here have been treated and names we have been called because of our weight. I get if I was being a jerk, someone can call me that, but if like in your situation you simply asked him to act like the rest of the customers and chill the heck out, he picks on your weight.

Such bull and yes I think a lot of us will be much more compassionate and not behave that way when we are smaller. It would be nice though if those idiots would follow suit and realize that insulting someone's weight is really just making them look pathetic, rude and insecure.
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Cusscusscutie
on 5/26/11 7:14 am - MA
Can't stand biotches! I am going to fling my poop at her! (Big Bang Theory reference)

NoEscape21
on 5/26/11 2:47 pm - Apopka, FL
 LMAO that is such a good show !
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

lucy2e
on 5/26/11 7:31 am - Laurel, MD
I think I would have given her my sweetest smile and said yes, weight loss surgery did that for me, too bad nothing could help you... and walked away!

When I see everyones before and after pics, I always think the WLS just enhances their beauty - doesn't give it too you!  You're gorgeous no matter when blond bee otch decided to notice!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

NoEscape21
on 5/26/11 2:51 pm - Apopka, FL
 I go by the rule of the people that already give me the time of day, that spend time with me and genuinely enjoy having me around now are my true friends and support. People like her, that as you said, just now decide I look pretty  are obviously not worth getting to know any further.

My hubby obviously saw beauty in me and even at my highest weight told me I was beautiful and sexy, even when I didn't believe that.  Thankfully I have gotten over that and since embarking on this journey have fallen in love with myself and my body. I agree WLS only enhances the beauty that was always there to begin with ! 
Youtube: 

sublimate
on 5/26/11 7:59 am - San Jose, CA
Maybe you could have said, "Thanks for saying I look pretty now.. too bad you are still an idiot Blondie".

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

NoEscape21
on 5/26/11 2:51 pm - Apopka, FL
 I don't even know that she would have understood such a long sentence, lol. 
Youtube: 

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 12:12 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Thinking I would have broken out with a B slap!  Fo sho!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views