And so I'm freaking out...

JennDee
on 5/28/11 12:29 pm
I was sleeved on May 11th. I've had an AMAZING recovery. No problems whatsoever!! So, today I'm freaking out a bit. First of all I've been hungry all day and Sleevie Wonder (that's what I call "her") feels like an endless pit! I feel like I can eat and eat plus I'm able to drink totally normal. Regular sips, no gulps of course but still most people just over 2 weeks out aren't drinking water, crystal light and protein shakes like a fish!! I'm on mushies and after like a 1/4 cup I'm not satisfies!! What the heck is going on here. I need some reassurance OH friends that this ok and normal!!! Sorry for the rant! X0X0

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

mysticblue
on 5/28/11 12:50 pm
I believe that each of us has days like this - where it doesn't even feel like we had surgery. You will also have days where you are barely able to drink water, let alone eat any food. I have read from some that when they are on their monthly period they are able toe eat more. It's a mystery.

I wouldn't worry. Take each day one at a time and you will start to see some unique trends for you, but the restriction definitely will not go away that quickly.  

Lori H.

MrsHelm1012
on 5/28/11 12:52 pm - Washingtonville, PA
I am only about a week post op, so I havent experienced it yet but, I have heard other ppl talk about it. Somedays our normal portion sizes satify them, and somedays they feel like they have a bottomless pit. Even when we had regular sized stomachs we would have days like that... So it seems normal to me that it could still happen...

Meg1Pat2
on 5/28/11 2:16 pm - TX
VSG on 04/12/11 with
You WILL start feeling restriction when you start eating dense food, Your stomach may be emptying the mushies a little quicker than some people, but when you start the eggs, chicken,
tuna, etc, you will feel full.  Are  you on any PPI (protein- pump inhibitor) medication, like
Pepcid or Protonix ?  I found that once I started that type medication, the hungry feelings
really decreased...

countrygolden
on 5/28/11 2:34 pm - Amboy, WA
 Don't worry...I was hungry at your stage as well. When you get to eat denser foods, you will feel more restriction. Also, I've heard it takes a while to get the ghrelin out of your system so you may still be having that impact you as well. I still feel hunger...sometimes head hunger...but when I haven't eaten, I feel real hunger.

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views