OT kind of-Had a wonderfully bad day yeserday!!!

pilotlady
on 5/28/11 10:35 pm - Six Lakes, MI
Ok I didn't really eat well yesterday. I started a new job. Well not really a job since I don't get paid but I am working with an aircraft mechanic so I can get my license which is my dream. So day was fun but I was busy and didn't eat when I should have. Then the boss wanted to take me out to lunch and they didn't really have anything I should be eating. (small country dinner) so I just ate 1/4 of a sandwich figuring that as bad as the sandwich was nutritionally it wasn't going to hurt too much. But when I got home my Parkinson's was acting up and I didn't feel like cooking anything so I just had a protein bar and some almonds. So I know i didn't meet my protein goal. I'm not going to stress over it. I didn't have any idea if this place would have refrigerator or microwave so I hadn't planned out what to bring along to eat. Now I know and I'll do better next time. Can't wait to go back. Aviation is my great love (well besides my dogs) and I'm going to love going to work there.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
lmreadynow
on 5/28/11 11:18 pm
 That's so wonderful that you're following your dream!!!  And you've come so far in your weightloss!!! l was going to suggest taking a small cooler or bag but it sounds like you've got it under control.  Take care of youself and congrats!!!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/11 1:18 am
I think we all have days like that.  Mine are usually Sundays at church.  There is a fellowship after church every Sunday and my husband being a social butterfly likes to attend.  Mind you our church is full of diabetics but what they serve is large platters heaped with pastry, cupcakes with mounds of frosting, cookies, brownies etc.  Then of course punch and a "low sugar" punch.  Once a month it is a potluck and the food is normally high carb, high fat etc.  I have circumvented this by bringing my own premixed shake, and a large bowl of fruit and salad for my grandson who is on a diet  (Dr ordered, he is 9 yrs and  120 lbs) and some nuts etc.  I sometimes feel like I have to pack the contents of my frig everytime I go somewhere...LOL!  I think the main thing is to do the best you can on that particular day then go right back on track as soon as possible and it sounds like you did just that.  Good JOB!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views