hi guys

NewSkinnyChick30
on 5/29/11 10:25 am - NY
So my surgery date is coming up ..June 20th..and im super dupper excited..before i was nervous but now im read to get my new life/self in order...Now that it getting warm out I want this more than ever..To think next summer im gonna be one hot Gal..lolol..

How does everyone feel after the surgery?
Do you have any regrets?
Is you self esteem threw the roof?

Im just so happy I dont have to be FAT and unhealthy..Im happy im doing somthing about it...

Life is just GRAND..lolol..

Oh yea maybe someone would like to be my angel ..I see that alot of people having surgery has one..

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
~Henry David Thoreau~

momokc
on 5/29/11 11:03 am
 First of all, Congratsulations on your decision to have VSG surgery! I know you will not regret it! 
I have never regretted having my surgery on 22 Mar 2011! I have only lost 34lbs since then, however I know that I will reach my goal of 145lbs in the future.  I am glad that I made the decision for the surgery as you say, I have a healthier life every day, I don't have to worry about gaining all plus more of the weight I lose back EVER AGAIN!  I talk up our surgery every chance I get.  I educate people about this surgery compared to the other two surgeries. I believe in the next five years that the sleeve will be the one that both the insurance companies and the people who are overweight will consider as the gold standard and the only surgery to have!  I am not here saying that I didn't have any problems but even the problems (lots of nausea the first 3 weeks) was worth it.  I hope that you have no problems and am glad you joined this group as everyone is here to help you through the surgery. 
If you have a question, we are here.  I will say, if you want a quick answer do a search on the top of the forum and most likely you will find many answers to those first weeks questions. However, if you don't, we are here for you.  Let us know how you are doing as we like to hear about your successses, too!  

Best Wishes on your new life and new journey, 
Granny

SassyItalian
on 5/29/11 11:25 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Recovery from surgery is no walk in the park, you may have some nausea, probably a heaviness in your stomach but keep in your head that it WILL pass. Stay positive and remember why you are doing this, to get your life back . And you will

No regrets.

Self esteem definitely gets better but you need to work on it too. VSG wont fix problems you have in that area, it may make you more confident though..Counseling is a plus to work thru the issues..

Know your plan inside and out, follow your plan, stay accountable. You will do great.

xo

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

KikiRox85
on 5/29/11 11:49 am - CA
After surgery, Its different for everyone. Some people bounce back quick, other's it takes alot out of them. Me, I was a little bit of both. lol I would get bursts of energy then tire out  fast.

Hell no! No regrets. I'm so happy and I'm happy I'm doing it now.

My self esteem is way higher than what it was before surgery. Even in the "losing phase" I find myself much happier and way busier enjoying life again.

It's great you've made a decision and are going to do something about your weight. All of us WLS patients are brave to take on what we do.

I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on your success Girly.

You'll be on Hot Mama in no time

Take Care
Kristen

goofytiff
on 5/29/11 11:52 am - NC
Congratulations!  I had my sleeve on 2/7/11 and I'm down 56 pounds!!!  It was the best decision that I have ever made.  I truly think that Sleeve is the best option out there, it doesn't have all of the post surgery issues that bypass does and has much better weight loss than band.  I love that I'm NEVER hungry, I have to look at the clock to know it's time to eat, and that I don't crave any foods.  The only problems I have had is trying to get enough fluids in each day and that some foods don't agree with my new stomach.  But it's a small price to pay :)  Since 2/7/11 I have gone from a size 20 to a size 12!  I love it and my confidence and self esteem has definitely increased.  Good Luck!!!

Tiffany

Waning Woman
on 5/29/11 12:15 pm - TX
The physical part of my recovery was fairly easy, but there was a struggle to get in my water. Not getting it in caused postural hypotension, blacking out, and a racing heart rate. Not fun. At that point, I really questioned my decision to have the surgery.

My self esteem is ridiculous. Honey, I think I'm Beyonce.

I have no regrets, but it hasn't been the easy way out. I have heartburn and acid reflux and I never had that before surgery. But given the choice to do it again. I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
shantele7824
on 5/29/11 2:02 pm - SAN PABLO, CA
June 20th is really right around the corner and I can feel your excitement.  I felt the same way about starting my new life and getting self in order and the closer I got the more excited I was its a great feeling and for me it really continued through surgery.  I think everything has been really good because of how I approached My situation.  I did read and took in what others had to say but I also Know God was right by my side and so I went into even my first appointment with nothing but good vibes for what was to come my way.

After surgery I truly felt really good, I didn't have gas pain til I got home but I was ready for them. 

No regrets at all!!!!  Everything in my life has happened for a reason and I really have been just going with it, yes I would have loved to have done it earlier in life but then I wouldn't have gone through or experienced somethings in life had I had it then and good/bad I needed those experiences and wouldn't trade them for nothing.

lol, My self-esteem even at my fattest was through the roof, I just couldn't always keep my self-esteem up because of depression issues but I was just thinking and telling someone I haven't had any problems with depression since everything with my surgery really started going good, they were messing up at first and that didn't help me but I did get it together.

Please keep us updated and I send you many well wishes on your future.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

aNuDay2011
on 5/29/11 2:31 pm - CA
 My surgery is also schedule for 6-20 and I understand just how you feel. Excited, scared, confused, hopeful, uncertain. I feel like I am going insane. the anticipation, 3 weeks feels like 3 years to me. 

but one good thing is i look forward to my new life with the sleeve and what it brings
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views