Vitamins

fabulouskristen
on 5/30/11 1:08 pm - OK
I am having trouble tolerating the powdery chewable Bariatric choice vitamins. I was hoping someone out there might have some suggestions for other brands to try? I need iron, b12, and calcium. Thanks!
  30 pounds lost on pre-op diet!

wbrabbit
on 5/30/11 1:26 pm
I'm doing gummy vitamins from Target, calcium chews from GNC and haven't found an iron yet.....probably need to up the quality of what I'm taking!
tawana2q
on 5/30/11 1:28 pm - NY
I take flinstones chewable, calcium by kirkland from costcos, b12 from natures bounty and B1 from natures made.  I had a hard time with chewable calcium it felt like my throst was gonna close up the more I swallowed and another thing the calcium is big regardless if its a chewable or a table so we learn to deal with it.

Encrypted
on 5/30/11 1:35 pm
i have stopped taking their vitamins and or Gummys I just half my regular vitamins  and take them threw out the day those chewable calcium tabs was nasty so I'm am taking them in pill form as well .
I don't have a problem swallowing them.
cindydcole
on 5/30/11 1:54 pm - TN
Those Bariatric choce chewables are nasty - so are the chewable calcium tablets - I gave mine to a friend who had gastric bypass.  I am taking One-A-Day gummies and Caltrate petites and a generic B 12.  My MD told me last week that is fine as long as I am taking something. 

Snoopin
on 5/30/11 3:33 pm
I am taking Flintstones Complete chewables - 2 a day.  Each pill has 18mg of Iron.  For calcium citrate, I am taking Bariatric Advantage - the raspberry chews - they taste like raspberry candy.  I really like them.  They also have them in chocolate, lemon and caramel but I like the raspberry the best.  For B12 I am doing the once a week nasal spray - very easy.  

I don't have a problem swallowing a pill but I thought we weren't supposed to because they wouldn't be absorbed?  I hate having to crush my other meds - makes me want to vomit when I go to take them crushed no matter how I try to trick myself into taking them.  
MrsClaus09
on 5/30/11 9:33 pm
I take the Target brand of Flintstones Complete, a Bariatric Advantage 18mg Iron ( due to deficiency), a sublingual Nature's Bounty-or whatever's on sale- B12 (due to deficiency), BA Calcium Chews and gummy D3.
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
fabulouskristen
on 6/1/11 12:55 am - OK
Thank you for all of the replies! I will go out and look for some of these today. I didn't realize we could take regular pills, I thought that they had to be chewables!
  30 pounds lost on pre-op diet!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 156 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views