Final Fat Day

taracarter42
on 5/31/11 8:16 am
Tomorrow is my first pre-op diet day. Surgery is June 21. I'm ready. I've spent the last week eating everything that sounds good...EVEREYTHING,

Today I had a disgusting cupcake and am having ice cream later. I thought I would miss this stuff, but I'm actually really looking forward to getting good food in my body.

I'm doing my high protein food shopping tonight. I've purposely ate out too much...drank too much soda and ate just crap lately. I've wanted to push my body to the point that stuff disgusts me and I'm there. Whether this is smart or not is not really the question...it isn't. But damn, I wanted to make sure I'm done because I'm changing my life for good.

I'm ready for the new me. I've been finding closure with my old self. When I look in the mirror I don't feel depressed now....I feel hopeful. When you are fat...if you aren't having surgery the feeling of hope is gone. Now...I feel hope!!! That feels great!

I'm so excited to start my new me journey tomorrow! I'm finding who I am again and making my bucket list. Instead of thinking where I'm going to eat this weekend....I think where we are going to travel next summer when I can wear a swimsuit.

I'm so freaking excited! I might pee my pants...just let me drink q little soda first.
jennyfur76
on 5/31/11 8:23 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
Yay for you!! My VSG is also going to be on June 21st!! My pre-op liquid diet doesn't start until next week (only have to do 2 wks). Good luck with yours and I am just as excited as you are to start/continue this journey!!  Everyone keeps asking me if I'm scared or nervous. Heck No!! I'm ready to get sleeved and start rockin it!!! LOL

Warm Fuzzies to you!!

Jennifer

lucy2e
on 5/31/11 8:31 am - Laurel, MD
Good luck on the liquid diet ladies!  It's not too bad after the first few days!  Drink plenty of water and have sf popsycles and jello to help fill in between shakes!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

LeAnn B.
on 5/31/11 8:53 am - OH
I've been feeling the same way! (I'm eating to gain, to be approved and bad foods are grossing me out SO bad!) but you are so very right because now when I look I. The mirror I know that eventually I will be who I want to be without feeling like my weight is holding me back! Congrats to you! :D
elzbthn1
on 5/31/11 8:55 am
You are right to be excited!! It is a freakin' amazing journey of hope, happiness, love of life!! Each day I wake up feeling excited for the day, what work out am I going to do, as I have so much energy now and light on my feet, etc etc etc....I don't even really miss all that bad stuff that makes you just feel awful, you change for the better!!
Onward and upward, actually downward, sister!! :)
Liz
Week 1 10 pounds,week 2 4.4,week 3 2.2 week 4 1.6,week 5 6 week 6 .2 week 7 .6 week 8 4 week 9 .2 up!! week 10 3.4 week 11 .6 week 12 1.8 week 13 2 week 14 1 week 15 1.8 week 16 1.4 week 17 0 week 18 3.4 week 19 .4 pound lost!
Month 1 = 18.2
Month 2= 10.8
Month 3 = 5.6
Month 4 = 6.2

_rebecca
on 5/31/11 10:39 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
CONGRATS! You're gonna LoVe the sleeve.  We will be here cheering for you so keep us posted!!!
sleevegirl
on 5/31/11 11:21 am - Austin, TX
Another June 21st-er here I have to do 2 weeks but my plan is to ease into it starting tomorrow, I've spent the last two weeks eating mostly crap too. Sigh, I'm so DONE with chips and salsa at this point. LOL

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

its4maya
on 5/31/11 12:00 pm - Cypress, CA
 June gals unite!  I'm June 20 and am extremely excited!  My pre-op appointment is on June 15 and I seriously have no clue if I have to do a liquid fast prior to surgery...I'm assuming yes.  My last trip to The Cheesecake Factory was this weekend and I enjoyed every bite.  Saying good-bye to the crap and hello to a new and improved  ME!
Can't wait!
Paul11011
on 5/31/11 2:07 pm
Ah yes, the rights of the "last supper".  I have yet to meet a WLS patient that did not have all their favorites "one last time" before surgery.  Hold on tight it's going to be a fast ride from here on out.  Soon we'll be talking about how well you've done and the new clothes you're able to wear. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

taracarter42
on 5/31/11 2:46 pm
I can't wit you guys! I just got done eating my final meal. Kind of want to vomit. Lol. I've eaten all the goodies today....blahk!

I've definitely done the last supper justice! Can't wait for my sleeve...you all are so supportive! It is so greqt to talk to SO many people who are going through this at the same time. I'm lucky I don't have to do only liquid, but I'm very limited....very.

So here I sit. Full. Want to puke. Life is great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views