A little upset.

cajunlady1958
on 5/31/11 7:55 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Well I just spoke with my doctor's nurse and I thought my surgery would be soon.  But turns out that I may not be scheduled for surgery until September or October.  What a bummer I was all hyped up to go through surgery now.  But when you deal with a state hospital I guess they can only do so many at a time.  I just feel like a fool posting to this web site that I got my approval letter on may 19, and planning for surgery. 

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

OffshoreMedic
on 5/31/11 8:08 am - AL
Please don't beat yourself up over something that you have no control over. I personally don't even have an acceptance letter yet but I am here on this site everyday to learn as much as I can about my new tool and the new lifestyle that I will be living. You can't help what that hospital does so rejoice that you are under way with the process and learn all that you can about your tool and yourself in the mean time. Hope this helps a bit.

Medic
cajunlady1958
on 5/31/11 8:24 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I know you are right I just had to vent, I've been on this journey since August 2010.  Thank you all for your continued support and I will continue to learn all I can until surgery.  I could use this time to put away a little cash to have on hand to order everything that I am going to need.

Take care everyone.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Paige V.
on 5/31/11 8:14 am - Gainesville, FL
congrats on the approval! Yea, I was told with the surgeon I am looking into having it with, that it is a 3-5 month wait at one hospital, but he does surgeries at another hospital and you can get in there in 4-6 weeks..problem is, it is much farther away!

Hope you get in sooner than expected though!
AniO
on 5/31/11 8:22 am
September or October will be here in no time! I know it seems hard to wait, but it'll be here before you know it. In the meantime, you can start trying to implement some healthy lifestyle changes now. Who knows? You may lose some weight by surgery date and then you'll have that much less to lose once you have your surgery. Keep us posted and please keep coming back.

AniO

lucy2e
on 5/31/11 8:38 am - Laurel, MD
I know that's disappointing!  You might want to ask if they have a waiting list so if someone cancels you could slide into their spot much earlier!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

CJCC55
on 5/31/11 9:42 am - Cleveland, TN
That time will fly by.
Don't stock up on too much protein powder or other stuff, as tastes change, and something you may be able to tolerate now, may not work for you after surgery. (you probably already read that on here tho)
Sorry you have to wait. It is definitely worth the wait though.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Bulldog80
on 5/31/11 10:04 am - Macon, GA
You will make it. 
I've been at this process since February of 2010 when my endocrinologist recommended RNY.  After meeting with one surgeon who was not a fit, I learned of VSG.  This surgery seems to meet my needs.  (I'm just fearful about malabsorption issues.)  Now my date is June 15 and I have my family on board with support.  I even had to go back for some more psychological evals just to satisfy insurance.  Hang in there!!!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views