Decision Made

nukeswife08
on 5/31/11 12:23 pm
I finally made the decision today after doing a lot of research and speaking to a friend to finally go ahead and get VSG done.  I had wanted to get the lapband done but ended up changing my mind once I saw how quickly the weight fall off of people who already had VSG done.  My husband is military so we have tricare prime and according to everyone that I spoke with it takes about 2-3 months from the time I see my PCM to the surgery.  I'm going to see my PCM on June 15 to get a referral.  i'm excited to make this change but I'm also really nervous.  I'm worried about not getting approved.  My current weight is 254 I'm over 100 pounds over weight.  I've been over weight since I was 7 and all the diets I tried have not worked.  Or I would lose then gain that weight back plus some.  I just wanted to introduce myself and i am really excited to start my journey.
sleeve genie
on 5/31/11 12:31 pm - Alhambra, CA
Welcome to OH,  the sleeve is the best thing ever,  way better than the crapband,  band has way too many chance of complications,  you'll be very glad you decided on the sleeve  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 12:32 pm
Congrats on you decision to go forward. I also was going to do the lap band until I was told about the VSG when I talked to my coordinator about doing the lecture and then seeing how its much better.
SassyItalian
on 5/31/11 1:27 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
congrats on making the decision to vsg. you are going to do great. make sure to learn your plan thoroughly and you will be successful..

and pat yourself on the back for dodging the lap-band bullet and the failure and health nightmare that comes with it.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Jennchap
on 5/31/11 2:13 pm - CA
 Congrats on your upcoming surgery date! I too looked into the lap band first but felt like it just wasn't what I was looking for. Ill keep my fingers crossed for an approval and remember were all here to support you!

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

SuperMom27
on 5/31/11 3:50 pm - CA

I also decided to get vsg since I was unable to get gastric bypass due to my previous anemia. And the lapband just wasnt a good choice since you dont loose a whole lot of weight with it and there is too much upkeep. I mean with vsg you still have to stick with a meal plan and watch what you eat but atleast you dont have to go to the doctor so much and have a needle stuck into all the time. I am currently waiting for my vsg surgery date.  Good Luck with your weight loss journey!

vjb1952
on 5/31/11 3:58 pm - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Welcome to O.H. and congratulations on your decision to proceed with the VSG.  I"m sure you'll do great, but if you have questions, there are alot of knowledgeable, compassionate people here, so don't hesitate to post a question or discussion topic...and keep us posted as you continue on this journey.  Best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

gonersmom
on 5/31/11 10:28 pm
Best decision you've ever made (besides marrying a Navy man of course! LOL). You will love your sleeve. Like all relationships it will take a while to work out the kinks, but 3 months into this I can honestly say I have never felt better! Just this morning I fit into a pair of 18's capri's with an XL t-shirt...I started in size 26/28 jeans and 4x tops. Sleeved life is GOOD!!!

Best wishes on this journey. You've got a great group of friends here to help you take each step it!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views