THE DIET - GRRRRRR

smbergie200
on 6/2/11 1:26 pm - Naples, FL

Just a little rant about the society we live in. I will be the first to admit of being guilty of this. The DIET!
There is always a new one. People are always on them. Companies make billions selling books and pills for them. Have you really taken a look at some of the bizarre crap people will do to lose weight.

Put those HCG hormone drops on their tongue and eat 500 calories a day and say its the drops that make them lose the weight. REALLY?

I saw on the diet shelf a product called THE COOKIE DIET. You guessed it. Nasty big fiber cookies that cost 20 bucks and "fill you up so you lose weight" REALLY?

I have seen everything sold from GOO that expands in your stomach, to dangerous diet pills that are practically speed.

Oh, and we cant forget our friend the pharmaceutical companies. Most of the diet drugs that are prescribed get pulled off the market because they kill you. Only 2 left. You got phentermine which suppresses appetite and caused jitters and quits working after about 3 months so you gain all the weight back. And my favorite, Xenical AKA Alli. You loose weight by getting rid of the excess fat in your food. First of all the package says take with a healthy diet. I thumbed through the booklet and all the foods they suggest are super healthy. So healthy that you wouldn't need the stinking pill if you could stick to it. Eat something fatty and you will have instant oily squirts the rest of the day. I even knew someone who wore an adult diaper just to take this. REALLY?

And to make matters worse since they know these DIETS and PILLS WONT work now they sell items that pretty much say your too fat wash your own feet!

In conclusion I would just like to say that I am so EXCITED to get my VSG soon. At least I will be one less human that has to suffer the torment from those that get rich off obesity.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 1:33 pm
I don't know, that foot scrubby thing looks kinda fun.. and I can reach my toes.
New_me2011
on 6/2/11 1:52 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Hi,
I too am pre op and hope to "be sleeved" by this fall. Loved your "rant"-its so very true.. the pharmaceutical companies make money by marketing directly to the public and by not curing anything because the real money is in keeping the public buying their products repeatedly. Did you see the ad for Full Bars that's supposedly created by a bariatric surgeon, that expands in your stomach and makes you feel full just like the gastric surgery/REALLY?? First of all they are tasteless and nasty at the same time, and of course unlike bariatric surgery you can simply stop eating Full Bars(how much weight will you lose then?) I am excited and certain that the sleeve is the best, permanent solution.Good luck on your journey.
healthykid69
on 6/2/11 3:17 pm - CA
I totally agree with you. The irony of your post: at the top of my page is a banner ad for Bob Harpers: NEW weight loss pill. I found that both humorous and a bit pathetic. Lol.

I haven't seen the slippers you showed a picture of. My "favorite" new product is the floor scrubbing slippers you can wear to clean your floors with. Those grabbed my attention. Unfortunately, they don't make them in a big enough size for my feet ! Lol.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 4:18 pm
When Alli first came out, I read an article that said one of the Vice Presidents of the company actually admitted that the stuff caused him to "soil himself" while at work!!!!!!  His advice to future users:

You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of your treatment effects, it’s probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work."

I wonder, since so many people are getting wls, what are these shiesters gonna do to keep the roof over their heads?  Actually start developing medicines that help the quality of life for people ???????????  Naww... they will just find another group of desperate people to prey upon.

brighterDayz
on 6/2/11 9:09 pm
I laugh everytime I see that foot scrubby commercial.
HW/Starting: 327  SW: 302 (lost 25 lbs pre-op), GW: 158

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 374 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views