Anyone else almost 3 years out and still needs to loos some weight?

T. Aulds
on 6/6/11 9:45 am - Athens, TX

I am almost 3 years out and need to loose about 30 lbs and nothing I do seems to help. I walk everyday with my dogs 4 times a day for about 30 minutes each. I travel with my husband for work and live in a RV so I don't have a place to workout. If anyone can give me some advice on how to loose the last 30 lbs. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tammy

I used to shut the skinny girl up in me with chocolate, Now I shut the fat girl up with my VSG!!!
Elaine2
on 6/6/11 9:57 am - Atlanta, GA
I can't begin to offer allot of advise...still have a long way to go to get to my goal.

However, I do have a friend that travels constantly and often pulls her van into
locations not conducive to exercise. But she takes a jump rope everywhere.
Cheap, doesn't take up space and she only needs a little of space to get her
exercise in.  She says all she needs is an ipod and her rope.  I swear this
woman jumps like a pro fighter.

Just a suggestion.

T. Aulds
on 6/6/11 10:00 am - Athens, TX
Thank you very much. I never thought of that. I will go by Wal-Mart tonight. Thanks again.

I used to shut the skinny girl up in me with chocolate, Now I shut the fat girl up with my VSG!!!
Eileen36
on 6/6/11 10:35 am - PA
Another thing you can try is to add a little strength training. Since muscles burns more calories than fat, it will eventually pay of with weight and the way you look.

Some of the best strength-training exercises are the ones that just use body weight.
Tricep dips
Squats (regular or do them walking sideways)
Lunges (forwards, backward, walking lunges and skater lunges)
Push-ups (on knees or feet)
Those are the ones that are in head right now, but I'm sure there are a ton more if you google strength training without weights or with bodyweight.
Good luck.
Eileen

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
T. Aulds
on 6/6/11 1:07 pm - Athens, TX
theshrinkingmimi
on 6/6/11 12:44 pm
You were given great advice already. All I would add is that you could add intervals to the walk. After every minute of walking, run for 30-45 seconds.

Also, log food or check with nutrionist if activity changes don't work.
T. Aulds
on 6/6/11 1:09 pm - Athens, TX
Thanks. I will try all of this. You have been a big help.

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 12:00 am - CA
 Hi Tammy,

I just wanted to add...count your calories. You can easily find out how many calories you should be taking in each day for weight loss online(calorie calculator)based off of your age,weight and height. It is a great recipe for success with our sleeves to help us.

Blessings,
Jenny
Carmelita
on 6/7/11 12:27 am - Four Corners, NM
Hi Tammy...I had my surg. in Sept too. Im wanting to lose 20 more pounds for PS. Im gonna do the 5DPT next Monday (got to get my supplies!)...wanna do it together? 

Some info on my blog:  scroll down a bit
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/stalls+ and+plateaus/

Only other thing besides a carb detox to jump start yer weight loss...is

BREAK a sweat!  get yer high energy dog, take him/her with ya ONLY. If walking...bust into a SPRINT...then walk....cool down....then BUST into a sprint....then walk...  a few times a few days a week ^^that intensity.  Give it a try!  Don't have access to a POOL?  many RV places have em.  SWIM!! VIDEOS? , MP3 player? DANCE! while puttering! Break up the mundaneness (? lol) of exercise.  Helps me anyway!

Its hard to suggest anything diet wise other than a carb detox...without KNOWING YOU.
Maybe start tracking...MEASURING OUT yer portions and LOWERIN the carbs especially in afternoon!
Like me, ya prolly are EATING TOO MUCH for yer activity (burn).  How's yer vitamin/min supps?
Water intake?

Ive found out...it IS a helluva lot harder chasin 25 than 5!!  But it CAN BE DONE!! Now we got VSG!!
GO FOR IT TAMMY!!  PERSEVERE!! VSG has got yer back this time around!
T. Aulds
on 6/8/11 12:44 pm - Athens, TX
what is a DPT?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views