ok i will ask a different way

Nic_Nic
on 6/8/11 1:34 am - puyallup, WA
due to having a baby i had to increase my volume of eating .... i feel my tool has been stretched... is there a way to fix this? like kind of shrink it down... or is it a lost cause... would going on liquids for a week doing anything?

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 1:36 am, edited 6/8/11 1:38 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
No shrinking.  Liquids for a while might help you feel your restriction better for a while, but for me liquids ultimately mean binges. 

Sorry. 

Edit to add this, if you find Sublimate and look on her profile, she has some high volume, low calorie recipes that could help you with higher volume and lower cals.

For me, anything PLUS meat just shuffles meat thru faster, and I can hold a higher volume of food than I could were it just dense protein alone.
sublimate
on 6/8/11 3:58 am - San Jose, CA
On June 8, 2011 at 8:36 AM Pacific Time, ~Brandilynn Wonderland~ wrote:
No shrinking.  Liquids for a while might help you feel your restriction better for a while, but for me liquids ultimately mean binges. 

Sorry. 

Edit to add this, if you find Sublimate and look on her profile, she has some high volume, low calorie recipes that could help you with higher volume and lower cals.

For me, anything PLUS meat just shuffles meat thru faster, and I can hold a higher volume of food than I could were it just dense protein alone.

Here's a direct link to my recipes:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/sublimate/blog/2011/02/21/recipes-/

They are designed to be very filling but very low calorie.  I tend to be able to eat a bit more than some sleevers, or maybe I just tend to push more than others based on binge tendencies.  I may just have a longer stomach and/or a stretchier stomach, because I know my surgeon makes his sleeves extra tight.

Either way I had to find ways of filling up with less damaging lower calorie foods, so I made several recipes to help me with that.

My focus in the recipes is on things that really fill me up quickly and for less calories.  For example I can eat about twice the beef that I can chicken, so chicken is much more helpful to me when I want to keep my calories/volume down.

Eggs are also much more filling for me as well as raw veggies like cucumber, celery, etc.  So focusing on those foods helps me eat less over all.  

I've seen people say they can have one piece of string cheese and for me I'd easily eat 6 pieces (about 600 calories!) in a sitting, so I have to avoid foods like that.. they just don't fill me up.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

babzmcgee
on 6/8/11 1:40 am
 I would suggest journaling everything you eat to see where you can make improvements. There are so many online tools that can help (SparkPeople is one).

Do you still have access to a nutritionist? If so, share your journal with them so they can make suggestions on what to cut out and what to add. Good luck!
OH Support Group Leader

Nic_Nic
on 6/8/11 1:47 am - puyallup, WA
honestly i know how to lose weight going on a diet so i dont need a nutristionist ... i just simply wanted to know if  there was a way to undo what damage i may have caused during my pregnancy,, i dont have near as much restriction as i used to.. i just want my tool to work again... ... if i could be succesfull just going on a dient i wouldnt of needed surgery.... 

Eula "Evie" R.
on 6/8/11 1:56 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
I would go talk to my surgeon and see if he can help you.
God Bless
Evie

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 2:18 am
Considering you are over a year out- you likely are just noticing that your sleeve is now at its mature larger capacity. It does not stay the same from the beginning.. If you can let us know how much dense protein you can comfortably eat (not cottage cheese, not salad, but lean meat), there may be some better responses. But, from everything I've read, stretching really doesn't happen to any appreciable degree..
Ms Shell
on 6/8/11 2:44 am - Hawthorne, CA
Short answer nothing short of surgery will give you back what you had.  Now did you really stretch your stomach via your pregnancy OR are you just able to eat more because you are no longer X months out?

How much CAN you do?
How much DO you eat?
How much can you eat to feel SATISFIED?
How much can you eat and you feel FULL?

These are the questions you have to sit and ask yourself.  Once you know those answers you can go from there. 

For ME I CAN eat 8-10 oz.  I choose to DO eat about 6-8oz.  I feel SATISFIED between 4-6 and I feel full at 8-10.  Now the choose I make vary from meal to meal.  So what are YOUR numbers?

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

sublimate
on 6/8/11 4:05 am - San Jose, CA
On June 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM Pacific Time, Ms Shell wrote:
Short answer nothing short of surgery will give you back what you had.  Now did you really stretch your stomach via your pregnancy OR are you just able to eat more because you are no longer X months out?

How much CAN you do?
How much DO you eat?
How much can you eat to feel SATISFIED?
How much can you eat and you feel FULL?

These are the questions you have to sit and ask yourself.  Once you know those answers you can go from there. 

For ME I CAN eat 8-10 oz.  I choose to DO eat about 6-8oz.  I feel SATISFIED between 4-6 and I feel full at 8-10.  Now the choose I make vary from meal to meal.  So what are YOUR numbers?

Ms Shell

This is also what I do as well.  I know how much I *can* eat and how much I *want* to eat, and then I try to eat as much as I *should* eat.  For me this means measuring, and I measure out 4-6 ounces like MsShell and at that amount I feel "satisfied" enough. 

I also eat very frequently (every 3 hours) and try to eat foods that will keep me fuller longer and support the weight loss process like lean proteins and green veggies.  Every day is a struggle and some days are better than others.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Ms Shell
on 6/8/11 5:28 am - Hawthorne, CA
Don't talk about struggles...I'm having ONE of those struggling days today.  I think I'm going to do lunch early because I'm feeling hungry...but I also think my acid is flaring up (which still means I FEEL hungry).

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views