EXTREME WEIGHT LOSS, STILL BELLY FAT??

Sandra R.
on 6/12/11 1:26 am
HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A 2 GENERAL QUESTIONS: HOW DO YOU GET RID OF YOUR BELLY FAT?
AND HOW DO YOU TIGHTEN YOU EXTRA SKIN?  I HAVE LOST 117LBS AND THE ONLY THING THAT IS SUFFERING IS MY BELLY FAT, WELL THAT AND MY THIGHS. I CANT SEEM TO FIND THE BEST WAY TO GET MY SKIN BAK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE I WAS A WALKING HOUSE( LOL)

ANY ADVICE WILL HELP. BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHAT IVE TRIED: GIRLDES (SO DO NOT SUCK NETHING IN LOL) SKIN TIGHTENING CREAMS(UGH)
I DO NOT WANT TO RESULT TO A TUMMY TUCK AND LIPO SO I AM REACHING OUT NOW.

THANX
emelar
on 6/12/11 1:51 am - TX
Congrats on the fantastic weight loss!

Unfortunately, how well your skin rebounds is based more on age and genetics.  Not a whole lot you can do about it other than build up some muscle to drape it over, keep up your protein and fluids.  Plastic surgery is the only sure-fire way to tighten it up.
USAF Wife
on 6/12/11 3:30 am, edited 6/12/11 3:36 am
Nothing but time will get the skin back. It takes time for to rebound to any great extent and even then, genetics, age, and how long you were fat, how much the skin is stretched will determine if your skin rebounds back great. I lost 145lbs, still have a small fat roll on my lower abdomen. It didn't matter how much I worked out, how many crunches, pilates, core strengthening I did, nothing was going to make it go away.

The skin has been damaged beyond repair in my case without surgical intervention. Elasticity is determined by age, ethinicity and genetics. While I might not have a huge amount of flabby, wrinkly loss skin, others that have different genetics might have more or less. You can build muscle to fill the skin in your hiney and arms, but even then, it's not 100% effective in most cases.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views